• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What hat do you wear?

Atticus

Ummmmmm.....I think you might be posting on the wrong forum....but...since you asked.... :D

I like to wear vintage baseball hats with my nylon jackets and G-1s. I wear either a Stetson Open Road, bashed cattleman's crease, or a Camp Draft (an OR clone), bashed fedora, with my A-1. I wear any of the above hats with my A-2s.

AF

navvet

Baseball hats with flight jackets seem to be acceptable anywhere. It might be a cop-out for having to choose something classier, but I
have more bb hats than anything else.

Hawkeye

Jeep cap with my B-10, and I've just started wearing the ELC RAF sheepskin B-2 cap with my Irvin.

b-2017.jpg

b-2010.jpg

kevlarg

I'd like to get my hands on a A-3 mechanics cap. Whenever I wear a standard ball cap with my A-2 I feel like Murdoch from the A-Team.

Also I checked history preservation's site and they want $72 plus $15 shipping for the A-3 cap. I'm not sure I can justify a $90 basball cap.

MikeyB-17

Lately, my ELC B-2. In summer, baseball caps, although I've tried to cut down on them to get my shaven skull tanned a bit!

Dr H

Blimey, thought I'd stepped through the wrong door into the FL for a moment... ;)

Usually a black beret, purchased in Cherbourg years ago; occasionally an Akubra Stockman when it's hot and sunny; ditto a wartime 'fishfur' ushanka when it's so cold that I should be wearing my Irvin... :D

TankBuster

Toys McCoy Capt Hilts A-3. It's more of a baseball cap fit than
the real A-3's with a smaller visor, which I prefer. Got it for $35
on good old Ebay.

Burnsie

kevlarg said:
I'd like to get my hands on a A-3 mechanics cap. Whenever I wear a standard ball cap with my A-2 I feel like Murdoch from the A-Team.

Also I checked history preservation's site and they want $72 plus $15 shipping for the A-3 cap. I'm not sure I can justify a $90 basball cap.
You can't! Keep hitting eBay - I got an original WWII A-3 cap (faded with paint spots, yes, but...) for $24. They come up quite often!
But that still didn't stop me from getting a couple toys mccoy ball caps (5th and 14th AF caps).
Daily wear though - newsboy caps. Good with A-2's.

jack aranda

A Newsboy with any leather jacket feels right. When it is really cold here, a wool watch cap. On that 'other fourm' I've been seeing a lot of pics of various Akubras, and I am intrigued by them. So, maybe...

I like to wear one of my USS Enterprise ball caps. People come up to me all the time and ask me when I was on the Enterprise and tell me they were on it too. It's a big ship with a 6000 man crew with the air wing on board. It's just like a city.

54137488_oarFX-M.jpg