• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What CWU 36P is this?

Skyhawk

Y
Yeah, mine say Dry Clean (one says either). I've had some good and some bad results washing jackets of all sorts...
Exactly. Some labels state machine wash or dry clean, while others say dry clean only. However, they are all made out of the same materials, so they can all be washed. Dry cleaning for light soiling is ok, but repeat dry cleaning can leave residue. Also, if you want to truly clean a jacket that is sweat soaked and stained, then washing it in machine is the most effective.

And the results are fresh and clean. Feels like a new jacket on the inside.

Last edited:

Pa12

Had an ma-1 dry cleaning many years ago. It was never the same. Lost most of the elasticity in the knits. It was an alpha industries one.

Spitfireace

I never dry clean. Expensive, and you can't be sure of the results. I always hand wash. Then air dry. Just keep squeezing out the water as it settles on the lower parts of the jacket. Dries way quicker that way. Just make sure the fill settles in a distributed way. Not bunched up.

bn1966

Have recently washed several old Alpha Civvy nylon jackets in the washing machine, cold wash 15 minutes with low spin and then line dried..no issues…nice and clean :cool: