• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What a nice vintage jacket

A

Anonymous

Don't you think?

99382421_o_1_00_1.jpg

99382549_o_2_00_1.jpg

99382674_o_2_00_1.jpg

99382761_o_2_00.jpg

99382949_o_2_00_1.jpg

99383209_o_1_00.jpg

99383496_o_1_00.jpg

99384004_o_2_00_1.jpg

Skip

I do like that, it's pretty classy yet when that collar is up totally changes its look and attitude

John Lever

Very interesting design,could be German or French ? From the leather creasing it looks like some kind of sheep leather.

Dr H

Definitely looks like period capeskin to me (similar in graining, if not colour, to the AN-J-3 that's now with Matt).
Looks well - not so keen on the plethora of zips/pockets, but then it is a bike jacket so it's traditional.

johnwayne

Gotta say that really is nice but personally I think it's the ageing that makes it look so good/appealing, not quite sure a 'new' one will be so?
Now if you can give it that 'time worn' finish? Hasn't Mark (Fishmeok) at SFA made something similar too?
cheers
Wayne

For sure it is Capeskin! I narrowly missed out on winning it about 8 years ago, but was astute enough to have copied the pictures. It's the only one that I regret not going all out for. It's got some really unique subtleties, not least of which is that it is made in Capeskin. Our dear and wonderful Platon is stepping up to the plate to knock it out of the ballpark! We were on the same wavelength when I finally emailed him two months ago to see if he could copy it for me and he informed me that he was already going to do a zippered version. Can't wait for my exact reproduction of this beauty in his fabulous Victory Horse. I believe that I'm numero Uno on the list. :D :D :D

The rest of you will have that painful wait! I would definitely sign up for one if I were you.... in all my years of these vintage jackets, this one keeps popping up in my mind. I already have a few 1930's motorcycle jackets, but this one is a masterpiece in my opinion! Cheers!

George