• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Werber D1 anyone?

JonnyCrow

Surely must be a repro? Looks new.
It's not one of 5 stars werber repros either by the looks, look at the difference

JonnyCrow

repro. if its a "the few", it must be an early one, as it has crappy talon repro zippers. for some years now, "the few", and other red dot makers have been using excellent talon reproductions.
Victor the common Joe on the street wouldn't know about the few or red dot, but I'm assuming at the sellers price it's still cheap no?

Southoftheborder

It's a Five Star. It was very unlikely to be The Few because apart from the crap zips it was clearly new and they have been gone for years. I asked the seller about it and he was deliberately evasive and claimed not to know who made it. He said it had no labels in it anywhere - again The Few would have had a label in the left hand pocket like a RMNZ D-1 I had years ago did.

So I looked up the seller's F/B, and he had bought it a few weeks earlier on eBay from someone who sold it as a Five Star and listed it as new with the swing ticket attached. I contacted the original seller later and he is a member here, and he bought it from Five Star with a couple of changes like the black facings rather than brown which made it look different. The second vendor was probably trying to get more for it by not listing it as what he knew it was. But he bought it for £250 with postage on top of that and he sold it for £255 with free postage...

Quite a good price for a new one and well under half the delivered new cost to the UK with VAT included.

ausreenactor

It's a Five Star. It was very unlikely to be The Few because apart from the crap zips it was clearly new and they have been gone for years. I asked the seller about it and he was deliberately evasive and claimed not to know who made it. He said it had no labels in it anywhere - again The Few would have had a label in the left hand pocket like a RMNZ D-1 I had years ago did.

So I looked up the seller's F/B, and he had bought it a few weeks earlier on eBay from someone who sold it as a Five Star and listed it as new with the swing ticket attached. I contacted the original seller later and he is a member here, and he bought it from Five Star with a couple of changes like the black facings rather than brown which made it look different. The second vendor was probably trying to get more for it by not listing it as what he knew it was. But he bought it for £250 with postage on top of that and he sold it for £255 with free postage...

Quite a good price for a new one and well under half the delivered new cost to the UK with VAT included.
And paid eBay fees.

Buyer will be happy though.

Steve27752

It is a Five Star 'Werber' D-1, bought new by me several weeks ago now. I asked Shawn for the brown 'Goat' facings rather than the light brown ones that they usually use.
While I was waiting for it to arrive I bought a ELC D-1 in a Large (loving it). the 5* had to go and I sold it on fleabay with the tag on.
The next seller new it was a 5* Werber.

Last edited: