• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning madman on the lose !

m444uk

Gents, I had this rather strange message land in my Ebay inbox from Herr Colvinex: Quote

"Dear Sir,

in the long run we had no contact to each other. Ebay is a free maketplace. If you have any issues that I am selling my original Luftwaffe flgiht jackets here at ebay, you should get firm about these old items.

I know the forum your in. And that they have no clue that is for sure.

I suggest you urgently NOT to disturb me longer or write things in the internet about me that you have no certain proof.

Please do not contact any of my customers of me otherwise this case will goto law.

yours faithfully

Ronald Erbe

- colvinex"

I've had no recent dealings with this guy or his customers but clearly he is a member here :shock:

Anyone else receive this message ?

I'm tempted to tell him to bend over and stick his head where the sun doesn't shine.

Atticus

Carefull...Your case will end up on the same court docket as Skeeter's suit against me.

AF

asiamiles

m444uk said:
I suggest you urgently NOT to disturb me longer or write things in the internet about me that you have no certain proof.

I've had no recent dealings with this guy or his customers but clearly he is a member here :shock:
What makes you think he's a member? He may just read all the bad things written about him, and if so, he should know that we have certain proof about his decpetions because he bought a motorcycle jacket from a forum member (Andrew/Roughwear) and then doctored it before offering on eBay as a Luftwaffe jacket.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
What makes you think he's a member? He may just read all the bad things written about him ...

They are written here, so only a member would be able to read them.

havocpaul

Does he need to be a member to read the posts, I didn't join the FL for ages but could read the posts freely. Surprising you so far are the only one to receive such contact, I have openly been critical of his alleged fabricated Luftwaffe jackets especially after he bought that jacket off Andrew. It would be an interesting case if he was to try and take it to a court.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
havocpaul said:
Does he need to be a member to read the posts, I didn't join the FL for ages but could read the posts freely.

Anyone can read TFL as a guest, but VLJ is members only. Try logging out .... you won't be able to read posts without signing back in.

John Lever

I recently sold a 1930's German M/C on ebay. It had a Cafe Racer type neck , padded elbows and shoulders so obviously was a M/C jacket rather than a flight jacket. I could easily have included Luftwaffe in the title but chose not to because this would have been misleading and probably dishonest. Although it sold, I only had 1 watcher and the price was only £135. IF I had listed it with Luftwaffe in the title, then I am sure it would have gained more interest and reached a higher price.
It's just too tempting to tag everything old and German ' Luftwaffe.'
I am sure there are ebay members who dig up old leather stuff from the former eastern bloc countries and palm it off as Luftwaffe. The ironic thing is that you can't see them on ebay in many countries because they are banned.

Roughwear

Just to put the record straight I sold my bike jacket to someone else who sold it on to this gentleman.

Hawkeye

The guys a liar and a fraud and Ebay should have turfed his ass long ago. If he's really a member here then he should speak up and tell us where he found his warehouse of "Luftwaffe" jackets.

m444uk

Herr Colvinex is clearly labouring under the massive misapprehension that debate on the interweb can be closed down if he doesn't like what is being said.
In fact, we are all entitled to marshal the facts, as we see them ,and present an opinion.

greyhound52

m444uk said:
Herr Colvinex is clearly labouring under the massive misapprehension that debate on the interweb can be closed down if he doesn't like what is being said.
In fact, we are all entitled to marshal the facts, as we see them ,and present an opinion.
Yes we can and the fact he is upset oh well

John Lever

I think this is someone who makes a living from ebay and it may best to just leave him alone. We have been here before and we know what happened last time.
We all know about faked up Luftwaffe stuff and if none of us are taken in then let him get on with it.
There are some great German jackets out there for sale by some genuine honest sellers.

Roughwear

I agree John. This seller has been discussed quite enough and serious collectors here avoid bidding in his auctions.

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
Anyone can read TFL as a guest, but VLJ is members only. Try logging out .... you won't be able to read posts without signing back in.

I wasn't sure this was still the case, but for those who know there are probably ways around such restrictions.

Peter Graham

I contacted him via ebay last year sometime to tell him what I thought of him and he threatened me with his lawyer. I tell you guys, I was quaking in my boots. :lol:

A

Anonymous

I agree with the gentleman below
Let's leave him alone
Why it should be our business what anyone does on ebay?
(who are we the ebay police? I thought we were the fashion police)

If you don't like it just don't buy it.
The world is full of false advertisement anyway.

Andrew

PLATON said:
I agree with the gentleman below
Let's leave him alone
Why it should be our business what anyone does on ebay?
(who are we the ebay police? I thought we were the fashion police)

If you don't like it just don't buy it.
The world is full of false advertisement anyway.

Of course we should be concerned about crooks selling on Ebay. They are taking honest people's money.

Hawkeye got a hole in one.

A

Anonymous

OK we should be concerned but
If honest people are fools
they should pay the price for being fools
and then learn the lesson

We can warn people in here, but we can't fight their battles.
We simply can't correct all wrongs.

If you are certain he's a crook report him on ebay.

One time I bought a watch on ebay that was advertised as new but when received it, it was used, it lacked original packaging etc. I complained to the Indian (based in LA) seller (who had sold thousands and thousands of watches) but he refused to refund me. Finally I sent him the watch back with courier (from a company account so was able to make it "receiver to pay cost of shipping" and he had to pay $100 to get the watch. Simultaneously I asked my credit card to cancel what they charged me for the watch and reported the guy to ebay, FBI, and all online deceipt reporting sites.

As far as I know, nothing happened to him and he's still there selling bad watches to people.

There's not much we can do about these things...