• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted pics. of WPG Irvin

CBI

take the $350 you would pay for the WPG Irvin and add that to your cash for an original (the extra could help bump up the quality/condition of the original you buy). You have spent so much on your great collection, go for broke on the real deal :) A good original is worth 2 repros at least!!!! Nothing like having the real thing.

John Lever

This what I want -
EbayIrvin.jpg

Andrew

I've been thinking about selling 2 Irvins this year, one's a 1941 sz5 Wareings complete with label, the others the sz6 or7 painted RCAF jacket. I haven't yet made up my mind but I really don't need them. They will most likely be going to ebay.
P2220020.jpg

rikbb

Andrew said:
I've been thinking about selling 2 Irvins this year, one's a 1941 sz5 Wareings complete with label, the others the sz6 or7 painted RCAF jacket. I haven't yet made up my mind but I really don't need them. They will most likely be going to ebay.
P2220020.jpg

Hello Andrew, I remember you mentioning this on a Fedora string, quite a while ago. Do you have any pictures of the other jacket? Any price in mind? thank you, rik

Andrew

Yes I did Rik, takes me a while to part with this stuff as I love it but i'm getting closer. I'm actually planning to have a major cleanout. No I don't have a price in mind, hence the road to the dark side. I could still send you some shots anyway if you like- Wareings or RCAF (which I think is also a Wareings).

CBI

I wish I could bite and make you an offer but I would NEVER wear the jacket here - never gets cold enough - well, maybe a few days a year but I am never out in it.

flyboy

WPGIrvindec2008002-1.jpg

In my never ending search for the perfect Irvin, I've also owned a WPG one once. At that price - why not, I thought?
But I sold it off again. Nothing really wrong with it, besides it felt a bit thin and "flimpsy".
The back of the collar felt more like plastic than leather and it had this strange cut over the shoulders that made it (mine at least) sort of "crawl back" over the shoulder.
As I said - nothing really wrong with it - but there is no doubt in my mind, I would go for a original any time! Just bring it on!
(Pre-war type, please) ;)

John Lever

Be patient there may be a ' makers repro' someday. Perhaps if we all canvass Gary he might make am Airchute or Wareings ?

fleet16b

John Lever said:
Is this plastic or leather ?
Surely the start price is almost the cost of a new jacket ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

John

It' s a typical WPG Irvin.
Despite what the seller says, the seams are synthetic material.
The label is plastic.
However , the rest of the jacket is sheepskin.
Beware, the main zips on these fray and become hard to operate with 2- 3 months of regular use.
The WPG price is currently $350. Why the seller is asking $390 is beyond me. :?:

flyboy

fleet16b said:
John Lever said:
Is this plastic or leather ?
Surely the start price is almost the cost of a new jacket ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

John

It' s a typical WPG Irvin.
Despite what the seller says, the seams are synthetic material.
The label is plastic.
However , the rest of the jacket is sheepskin.
Beware, the main zips on these fray and become hard to operate with 2- 3 months of regular use.
The WPG price is currently $350. Why the seller is asking $390 is beyond me. :?:

The jacket is now at 425 USD plus postage...?????? Just don't get it. :eek:

Roughwear

It must be a very good investment for the seller as few repro jackets normally exceed the original purchase price, unless they were bought quite some time ago!

flyboy

Wonder who the seller might be. Leonard Cohen? Or some famous Canadian. That should be the only excuse for the price.
:D