• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED! DEAD OR ALIVE.....JEROME???

ausreenactor

Gents..

Over two whole years since I sent Jerome my ELC Air Comfort for some snazzy artwork. I have attempted emails without responses on the email address on his web pics site, the home email. Is anyone else out there still awaiting the return of a jacket, a response to an unanswered email? Anyone know of a US based legal style outfit who can forward a letter of demand (what we have in Australia - might be different in the US)? I think I have been more patient than most, given a complete military posting to a jacket friendly enviornment is ending this year. Back to the tropics at the end of the year for at least three years. Missing winters aint cool!! I miss my Jacket!! There are 28 here, with another two BRs on the way, but that is not the point!! I get no Air Comfort!!

Couchy

A

Anonymous

You've more patience than I Couchy.

Bearing in mind some of the stick thrown at Eastman for not being available on a Good Friday or over the Christmas period shutdown or at John Chapman for being a little slow on email repsonses when we all know that he does EVERYTHING himself, this is taking the piss.

Be interesting to know the reason as in my book only death would stop me being curteous enough to at least respond - even if only to give bad news or a reason for the situation. It's not good news for a one man outfit as it will deter others from chodsing him. Customer service is king - especially in the States.

Good luck tracking your man down. I know you'll get him eventually. ;)

Dave

John Lever

It could be that he is ill or somehow unable to answer messages. Perhaps Bill has an e-mail address somewhere.

Andrew

JACKET_ HEAD said:
You've more patience than I Couchy.

Bearing in mind some of the stick thrown at Eastman for not being available on a Good Friday or over the Christmas period shutdown or at John Chapman for being a little slow on email repsonses when we all know that he does EVERYTHING himself, this is taking the piss.

Be interesting to know the reason as in my book only death would stop me being curteous enough to at least respond - even if only to give bad news or a reason for the situation. It's not good news for a one man outfit as it will deter others from chodsing him. Customer service is king - especially in the States.

Good luck tracking your man down. I know you'll get him eventually. ;)

Dave

Remember he dropped off radar when his Dad was seriously ill a few years ago. Whilst this is inevitable for all some deal with it better. Maybe it's got something to do with that.

Having said that i've always been amazed at Trev's patience.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Andrew, whilst i appreciate what you are saying, there aren't too many excuses for leaving customers hanging in mid air, uncertain as to the state and whereabouts of their jacket/order. If there has been loss of a family member, the least someone can do is let their customers know or post something on a website such as this. People will then be understanding having knowledge of what is going on. Not knowing does not inspire confidence.

If you put an order in to JC or Gary and parted with your hard earned cash and then heard nothing for 2 years, how would you be feeling ? John managed to have full order books, organise and get married and have a honeymoon (I assume .....) and lost only a couple or so weeks on his email responses. Credit to him for that effort for sure and we here who know him would allow him or Gary a lot of slack if we knew what was going on but there are many who neither know or care. They have sent hard earned cash (or goods with a value) and expect something.

If Jerome has taken to the bottle, is injecting heroin and has become a hobo, then likely as not someone on here would know and could put the record straight. Death or a serious brain injury or an all inclusive holiday to a Cuban island with free orange clothing might count as fairly good reasons in my book ;)

Couchy is a good and unbelievably patient man. He deserves his jacket back. Painted or unpainted.

Dave

Grant

I haven't heard from Jerome myself but I hope all is well with him.
Couchy, now that cooler weather is heading your way I hope your Eastman finds it's way back to you soon.

CBI

I'll bet that Mark Moye at Aero Leather USA has Jerome's phone number. Not sure he would let it go but you could ask. Where does he live? Perhaps a phone number can be found. Not a cheap call from Oz but probably worth a short call to ask him to return your jacket.

ausreenactor

Gents...

Thanks for the responses! I am certain that there must be a reason, and the declining health of a loved one
would be one of the worst situations to be in. I did get an email over a year ago, letting me know there was
progress and the jacket was still there. I have been given details to follow up and might even send off a letter
(remember those??) to the address I have here. Will see how I go. Once again, thanks very much for your input.

You cats are alright!!!! (Inserted cats in lieu of another less appropriate word - punchline to my favorite Pope joke)

Couchy