• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Jackets

ausreenactor

From memory it was a decent fit when I was over 90kgs. So the 44 sizing would be pretty accurate. The hide is in super shape and it would/could be a daily wearer. Has had the knits replaced at some stage.

I couldn't let it pass without talking to Ken about getting it to Australia. Very glad to have secured it. It will be my one and only original, it's THAT good.

Edward

well just to derail this thread one last time on Blood Chits... this one just sold moments ago on eBay for $1150.00 with 17 bids ! (not me! lol! ) hopefully the seller will upgrade his economy shipping to 2 day air. lol!

Chit1.jpg

chit.jpg

Attachments

• chit.jpg
    chit.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 155

ausreenactor

And everybody laughs because I keep WWII uniforms and gear in unissued condition rather than use it or wear it. ;)

B-Man2

That’s ok let them laugh..... meanwhile you’ll be laughing all the way to the bank! :D

B-Man2

Ok .... in an attempt to steer this thread back on track ( see what I did there Ed;)) I’d like to post another vintage A2 jacket from a Perry Contract of May of 1942 in which 50,000 A2 jackets were delivered to the USAAF. The contract number is W535ac 27618 42-16175P. The jackets were $8.25 each. The hide utilized was horsehide and the zip was an M-42 Conmar It had a collar stand. I recently purchased this jacket from Silver
Surfer ( Vic) Photos by him as well.
The knit cuffs are replacements but the waist knits are original to the jacket.

37C9F83E-A3FF-400D-AEBD-D7F4007A3E88.jpeg
265E2970-98FB-40C8-A407-839FD879344D.jpeg
2FC6DC55-C4B7-4D53-8FD7-6E974A181976.jpeg

B3426D82-3DF9-441D-B26B-9EC82233A314.jpeg

014AC270-76CD-4BEA-9773-FF87F505CD82.jpeg

D411796A-2327-4AB0-A733-A4E0C1D3067B.jpeg

67B05464-5F2C-4CDE-819C-EA1C3CF0C789.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

Ok .... in an attempt to steer this thread back on track ( see what I did there Ed;)) I’d like to post another vintage A2 jacket from a Perry Contract of May of 1942 in which 50,000 A2 jackets were delivered to the USAAF. The contract number is W535ac 27618 42-16175P. The jackets were $8.25 each. The hide utilized was horsehide and the zip was an M-42 Conmar It had a collar stand. I recently purchased this jacket from Silver
Surfer ( Vic) Photos by him as well.
The knit cuffs are replacements but the waist knits are original to the jacket.

View attachment 22636View attachment 22637View attachment 22638
View attachment 22639
View attachment 22640
View attachment 22641

View attachment 22642

Wow! Amazing condition!!! Beautiful and thanks for the detail closeup pics

Silver Surfer

the liner is original to the jacket, and consistent with the rest of the condition of the jacket, which is outfriggnstanding. note the off set nomenclature label, and multi piece inside wind flap construction. these are details unique to this perry contract. what is unusual is that the hide color [original] is darker then the vast majority of perrys that i have handled or seen. once again proving that the "rules" regarding these originals [any contract] are mutable. the only thing i have not seen on an original is pockets placed on the back of a jacket.......but, who knows, one may eventually show up that way.

ausreenactor

I only ever had the one RM Perry repro. They didn't elect to copy the original with the label. This one is similar to the RM Perry I sent to France, had the buyer take my money, Paypal cover the 'loss' and reimburse me.

i-img600x450-1552109818gwkb6k22940.jpg

Spitfireace

ya well, I try to get mostly original items but can't always afford it. I have to remind myself I'm not a museum. I'm the only one that sees it anyway and it looks nice on display. I don't hate repros. I own two ELC A2 repros and don 't hate them. ;)
Hate may be an overly strong word. I just mean that wherever practical or possible, I prefer the real thing. The other issue is that convincing repro patches and chits can be passed off by the unscrupulous or unknowledgeable on sites like eBay thereby making the whole field much more difficult to negotiate. I wear my repro A-2 to save wear and tear on my original.

Smithy

Aaaah FFS.

If you ever get another one for a good price don't let go of it mate. A few years back nobody really understood what the RNZAF blood chit was, if it was real, whether it was joke, so I don't blame you for flogging it off. The fact of the matter is, it is probably the rarest blood chit from the Pacific in WWII, and arguably also from the whole eastern hemisphere theatre of operations in WWII. These will just rise in price now that the understanding of what they are increases.

ausreenactor

I think I put a pic up here back in the day. 2014 at the Penrith Gun Show. Should have a pic at home.

I figure it was old and I couldn't read it Happy to let it go...
:eek:

B-Man2

If you ever get another one for a good price don't let go of it mate. A few years back nobody really understood what the RNZAF blood chit was, if it was real, whether it was joke, so I don't blame you for flogging it off. The fact of the matter is, it is probably the rarest blood chit from the Pacific in WWII, and arguably also from the whole eastern hemisphere theatre of operations in WWII. These will just rise in price now that the understanding of what they are increases.
Tim
I pulled this off the web but I’ve never seen one. Is this what they look like?
A36C9143-1D46-4B59-A8B5-FB7D01ABD8FC.jpeg

Smithy

That's the one Burt but they vary. Most are pretty shit quality if we're honest like that one. The blood chit market usually focuses on the ones used in the CBI so a lot of people don't know about them but those Kiwi ones are far rarer. One will be a very, very good investment.

B-Man2

That's the one Burt but they vary. Most are pretty shit quality if we're honest like that one. The blood chit market usually focuses on the ones used in the CBI so a lot of people don't know about them but those Kiwi ones are far rarer. One will be a very, very good investment.
I’m sure there’s probably a few here in the US but I’ve never actually come across one . Probably extremely rare on this side of the ocean.