• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vcruiser

ties70

What a shame.

Van must have been one of my longest companions during all these years of Flight jacket enthusiasm, one whom I respected even though we were continents apart, divided by quite a few years of age, and hardly could agree on any topics besides leather jacket.

During the last years, we followed each others lives on other social media channels, so I was well aware of Van's health struggle with the damn "Big C". From what I know, he had a great family, especially his youngest son was of great help... Adam, my thoughts are with you.

Though it's sad to hear that you have lost the final battle, Van, I am sure that you have faced the inevitable with great dignity and most likely a smile on your lips.

Have a great journey home!

Ties

mulceber

RIP Van. I didn't interact with him much, but it's always shocking when this board loses someone. My condolences to his loved ones, and to his friends, here as well as on TFL.

Last edited:

Skyhawk

This is very sad news.
Godspeed Van. You will certainly be missed.
I always appreciated your passion and comments here on the forum.
Best wishes and condolences to the family.