• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USN JACKETS

Grant

Dope photo of PBY crew rocking a variety of USN jackets.

PBY.jpg

Grant

Here's another cool USN jacket (and A-2) photo. During the war Grumman (Iron Works) employed women pilots to test planes coming off the assembly lines and ferry aircraft across the US. I had the honor to meet some of these women a couple years ago at the Cradle of Aviation Museum on Long island where the iron works used to be located.

grum1659grummanwomentestpilotscapti.jpg

Skip

OP pic shows how many m445s? Forgive my ignorance but I thought the top bloke on the Cat has m445, are the other chaps standing wearing m444's or an earlier version of the m445?

Skip

Nice Jay. Those pockets are situated high and a bit of variance in the types.

Skyhawk

That's around the time of the Bitching Team! Grumman FF-1? Any names on that first photo?
Negative. No names on the first. It was a dangerous enough job just flying those things, let alone fighting in them!

I made an error. The photos are from Quantico not Pensacola.

Regards,
Jay

Brettafett

I recon we're looking at a Roughwear on the far left, and a Dubow... Middle?... Far right, either a Dubow or a Spiewak (pointy collar?)
Maybe they were rescued by a PBY crew and kept the hats ;)

zoomer

Nice Jay. Those pockets are situated high and a bit of variance in the types.
Yes! I am suspicious those cloth jackets, and maybe even the low-pocket leather one, are test jobs. They don't look like anything issued!

Grant

Ok, no navy jacs here, but these Marines are still badass looking. Can't help but wonder if the pilot inspired the Sgt. Oddball character from Kelly's Heroes!

ODDBALL.jpg