• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todays find- B-11 parka...

fishmeok

Just picked this up today- it's probably a 44 or maybe even a 42 since they were made so oversize, but I'm 6' with a 26 sleeve and it fits great, could even wear an A-2 under it if I wanted to...

Jacket is in very good condition with just some wear on the bottom of the cuffs and one small spot on the mouton where it folds over the hood. Can you guys help me date this? Would it have had a shoulder decal originally?
Cheers
Mark

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

dmar836

Nicer than mine. According to Maguire, they were issued in '43 as well. I don't know the date standardized though.
Mine has the decal. Can you see any remnants of one at all?
Dave
KC

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dmar836 said:
According to Maguire, they were issued in '43 as well. I don't know the date standardized though.

Okay, I should have said that all the contracts were 1944 fiscal year.

Pictures I can find show the coloured decal, often very faded.

dmar836

Yeah, mine is color. I'm trying to think of what had just the white outline. I know I have some but can't remember.
Dave
KC, USA

Peter Graham

I've had B-9's and B-11's that never had a stencil. I reckon that's the case here as the jacket doesn't appear to have any fading.

fishmeok

Re: Todays find- B-11 parka... Now with stencil action....

Couldn't resist- had a spare MASH stencil and needed a break from making jackets.... I'm liking it.
Cheers
Mark

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg