• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is shameful!!!

watchmanjimg

Andrew said:
This discussion's sparked me to go back through my Paypal transactions and aside from revealing that i've spent too much over the past year it's informed me that the Seller is Susan Garcia and that she never did refund that $27!!

This really is unfortunate to hear. Ironically, SusieQ was the seller of my unissued original M41 jacket. Other than a hiccup in shipping it turned out great, but I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Rocky

watchmanjimg said:
Andrew said:
This discussion's sparked me to go back through my Paypal transactions and aside from revealing that i've spent too much over the past year it's informed me that the Seller is Susan Garcia and that she never did refund that $27!!

This really is unfortunate to hear. Ironically, SusieQ was the seller of my unissued original M41 jacket. Other than a hiccup in shipping it turned out great, but I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

You best check to make sure it isn't a reproduction! My money is on it is.

watchmanjimg

Rocky said:
watchmanjimg said:
Andrew said:

You best check to make sure it isn't a reproduction! My money is on it is.

I'd love to take your money, Rocky, but I don't think so. Have a look for yourself:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7866&hilit=+m41

Rocky

I don't know how your jacket compares to the reproductions, but if it came from Britsbitt I would be very leary.

watchmanjimg

Rocky said:
I don't know how your jacket compares to the reproductions, but if it came from Britsbitt I would be very leary.

I got that part, but there are other factors to consider than just the seller. Hillsdale is a known manufacturer of original WW2 garments, the Kwik zipper is known to have been used on original WW2 garments including some M41s, there was fierce competition on Ebay for the item suggesting that other experienced collectors besides me were willing to pay a premium for the jacket, and finally the jacket has the unmistakable aged smell of old GI gear.

Take a look at the pictures and see if you think there's a legitimate question as to the authenticity of the jacket. I'd also point out that Garcia Aviation sells plenty of unquestionably original items so it's going a bit far to assume that every single thing they offer is fake.

handworn

Garcia Aviation and Brittsbits are at least related; apart from the latter's surname being Garcia, she is constantly listing the repro RAF and A-10 gloves that the former retailed.

I for one have only ever had one problem with Brittsbits, when I got a Gemsco crusher eagle and received an eagle from a different auction that seller had up. Contacted them, and they said to send the one I got back, but they sent the correct one to me even before they received the incorrect one back. So I don't think that was an attempt to pull something. I agree not mentioning new cushions on original flight goggles is not kosher, but for the most part I have only had honest experiences with them.

Which is not to say that their repros are good-- the repro gloves are inferior in quality, in my judgment. But they've never been dishonest with me.

art of a2

Bu chance has anyone got an alternative contact e-mail address for Garcia Aviation other than the one on their web site.. I bought some patches from him some while back and paid by Paypal. I have not received the goods or a reply to my 3 e-mails about the good. Seems other people on this forum are having problems too!!

bazelot

I tried to place a bid on one of brittsbits' items and it turns out he blacklisted me. I guess this seller does not like it when he is told that he tempers with his items. I will just take my business somewhere else :)