• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is shameful!!!

Weasel_Loader

Again, sellers trying to deceive by overusing the word "Estate Sale". Seems like anything old that someone is trying to sell these days gets this tag word. :twisted:

dmar836

Mmmmm, I think Brittsbits is a legit guy. At least I have bought from him and never noticed any "added" stuff.
Dave
KC

bazelot

dmar836 said:
Mmmmm, I think Brittsbits is a legit guy. At least I have bought from him and never noticed any "added" stuff.
Dave
KC

Why would you add a decal to those wings then?? That's a really dumb thing to do. I also bought from him once.

Weasel_Loader

The seller does move a lot of stuff. Still do not like the fact that it was sold by the first person with the statement that they "think" it might have been placed or used on a C.O.s desk. Brittsbits then buys it for $18.00 incl. shipping. Shortly after receiving the item, Brittsbits adds NAVY to it and uses tag lines as Estate Sale and From a former Naval Aviator. On top of that, he's listing it with a starting to make sure he at least breaks even on "the pick". In my opinion, this was no mistake by the seller on this listing and an obvious attempt to mislead prospective bidders.

Hey, at least it's not a "high value" item, but still a crime in my books. ;)

Okay, I'm done being the ebay police now. :lol:

dmar836

Guess I didn't pay much attention. They sure do look like the same wings/plate. Why someone moving that much stuff would take the time to do that is beyond me. Who would have the time? You'd think he would have seen this as a waste for $3 on similar endeavors before.
Truly sad to see.
BTW, did you sent him a link to this discussion?
Dave

Andrew

Bizzare. I thought that it might possibly be just another one being sold but it's definitely the same item when you compare the scratches and wear. Really dumb.

I've bought an "original" 5th AF off them before and when it arrived it was obviously new. I sent it back and asked for a refund.

watchmanjimg

I've dealt with this seller (James Garcia) several times through his website. Garcia Aviation has traditionally offered a mix of legitimate GI surplus items and repros, many of which are identified as such but a few have slipped past now and then. One could certainly argue that a seller should be more diligent in distinguishing repros from originals, but Mr. Garcia has cheerfully given refunds when I've ordered such items. He also personally assisted me in locating out-of-stock items I needed for my collection. He's always been a very straight shooter.

I looked at both sets of wings and I must say they appear identical except for the Navy inscription, but so what? Are we really thinking that the same item is being offered for sale in two different configurations? Why doesn't someone try bidding on both and see what happens, if this is so fascinating?

I would be much more concerned with the real Ebay shysters out there, like the guys who offer mall jackets at astronomical prices with claims of WW2 provenance.

Andrew

better duck said:
Andrew said:
I sent it back and asked for a refund.
And got it?
To tell you the truth Peter as it wasn't a lot of money I didn't check but I presumed they did since they advised me to return it.

watchmanjimg said:
I looked at both sets of wings and I must say they appear identical except for the Navy inscription, but so what? ....... Why doesn't someone try bidding on both and see what happens, if this is so fascinating?
Jim, I may be missing something but your last comment's confused me. The second Auction ended over a week ago and the first is still live.

watchmanjimg

That was my mistake, Andrew. I didn't realize that the auction of the plain wings had ended. However, I still don't think this is a big deal and would not hesitate to do business with James Garcia in the future.

Weasel_Loader

Isn't Garcia Aviation totally different from Brittsbits? I sold my original B-15D to Garcia Aviation.

I looked at both auctions and in my opinion, they are the same item. Yes, very petty when you look at the price, but hey, I always love a good mystery. :lol:

watchmanjimg

I always thought they were the same, Danny, but it seems today I have trouble keeping my facts straight. See above. :eek:

dmar836

They sure appear to have the same scratch marks and blemishes on the background. I am confident they are the same thing - now altered.
I too thought Britts Bits was different than Garcia.
Did he respond to your e-mail?
Dave

bazelot

I never got a reply from him. Not a big deal per se but from a seller who sells so much on Ebay (or anybody else for that matter) I really don't see the point of doing this.

Rocky

I'm familiar with eBay seller Brittsbits and all I can say is that every time I come across his listings. Watch out!
I've seen him sell things that were reproductions and pass them off as originals. You really have to know what your buying when you deal with him. Just a couple of things that I can think of off the top are flight goggles. He'll describe them as all war time original but he will replace the face pads with reproductions. He will sell flight helmet headsets or flight helmets with the headsets in them and will describe the item as original war time but the headsets are reproductions. A lot of his items are messed with so,
beware and read between the lines when you buy from Brittsbit!!!!!

Silver Dollar

It sure doooo look fishy to me. Those have to be the same set of wings. The defects match too closely to be different sets.

Andrew

The only person i've ever dealt with there is a lady who calls herself Suzie Q, however I seem to recall the name Garcia in there somewhere. Possibly his Wife?

Andrew

This discussion's sparked me to go back through my Paypal transactions and aside from revealing that i've spent too much over the past year it's informed me that the Seller is Susan Garcia and that she never did refund that $27!!

dmar836

Wow. New vendor to watch out for!
Thanks for all the info. Certainly write her to see if she has a conscience. I would also notify PP even if this falls outside the time limit. Let her know you are doing this.
I also think they need to see this dialogue. The more talk about them, the worse they are sounding.
Dave