• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The world has gone mad

Roughwear

Completely mad John! The jacket is worth about £300. Only a complete idiot would pay £2K cash for this frequently seen cc jacket! :roll:

Andrew

He's just fishing hoping he's got the right price and he's banking on the other gear as well staying together since the War. First pattern externally wired type C, mkVIII's and type G all in good nic, but that's only worth maybe 450.

Roughwear

The idea is people make an offer, that's why there is a "make offer" button. I'm hardly likely to list it with a low buy it now if I'm after a good price!!
He sounds such a sensible chap!

ausreenactor

It is really a sound selling technique. He might attract an offer at half that or a bit higher, and the auto accept kicks in. OR he could get a an offer off eBay and thwart the fees, also becoming popular of late. And there are goggles and a flying helmet in there too so someone in a fast grab, save shipping mentality might pounce. It will probably go through a few listings with a drop or three in asking price, then I assure you a collector will seize the opportunity. All is well in the world, aside from the Eurozone crap..

Couchy

dujardin

The jacket is worth about £300.

around this price, i wish to get one. probably (i hope) next year. when i will get some cash. ;)

asiamiles

Roughwear said:
Here's another seller suffering from the same madeness trying to get £750 for a 1970s B-3 style jacket. He will be lucky to get £200 for it.
He'll be lucky to get £75 for it! Maybe he unintentionally added a zero. Still, his listing is amusing to read.

jollygreenslugg

Yeah, the faux B-3 ad was worth a chuckle. That's about all.

I picked up a similar jacket last year for $70 Australian. I can't see anyone wanting to shell out the money he's asking.

Cheers,
Matt