• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Taxman is coming...

bseal

Hey Taxman, what if you are just selling because you feel that you are not being compensated properly by your employer of several years and they are just samples?

a2jacketpatches

Nothing new here but not as strict. Only gets reported as a 1099 if 20K or over OR if you have more than 200 transactions. Last year I wrote off 45% of my rent, utilities, travel time, moving expenses, entertainment, you name it. Still ended up being worth it. Feel bad for you guys across the pond, looks like they've got enough time on their hands to needle through everyone. They're gonna be able to download your selling activity and analyze your routine?

havocpaul

And yet HMRC and the UK Government still allow corporate global businesses to evade, hide and fiddle their taxes here in the UK amounting to yearly sums far outnumbering the total in so-called benefit fraud they so love to blame on the 'poor'! HMRC won't and don't have the staff levels to seriously look at the likes of small sellers on eBay etc anyhow.

a2jacketpatches

havocpaul said:
And yet HMRC and the UK Government still allow corporate global businesses to evade, hide and fiddle their taxes here in the UK amounting to yearly sums far outnumbering the total in so-called benefit fraud they so love to blame on the 'poor'! HMRC won't and don't have the staff levels to seriously look at the likes of small sellers on eBay etc anyhow.

14000 targeted doesn't seem like I high number, is this just a scare tactic?

Steve27752

bseal said:
Hey Taxman, what if you are just selling because you feel that you are not being compensated properly by your employer of several years and they are just samples?

That would be theft then.

a2jacketpatches

a2jacketpatches said:
havocpaul said:

14000 targeted doesn't seem like I high number, is this just a scare tactic?

Or are they aliens and you are ignoring them?

havocpaul

Yes, successive British governments are indeed Aliens, Joe Strummer's statement has never been more apt.

bseal

SteveM422a said:
bseal said:

That would be theft then.

A little less than 2 years away from my peeps, not bad, not bad.