• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The one jacket you would never sell....

ausreenactor

Are the buttons brown or black? They look like USMC buttons. Black buttons are post war. Mimics the late war, post war Vandegrift style.....

Happy Hooligan

Are the buttons brown or black? They look like USMC buttons. Black buttons are post war. Mimics the late war, post war Vandegrift style.....

Spitfireace

Although I like my Tanker Jackets
I realize I'm derailing my own thread as the question was "What's the one jacket you wouldn't sell". The criteria for that can be a number of things though. Is it rarity, originality, condition, or sentimental value.?Ability to be able to replace it?

ausreenactor

I agree with you. No matter how nice of a repro it is, it can always be reproduced again whereas originals are irreplaceable.

You can always buy them.. The price just goes up. I have a great original Bronco here: however, I could sell it if the price were right. Sane could be said for many rare repro such as my BR Werrber B-2. The one bespoke repro, with parts sourced from all over the World, is the only jacket I would never move on.

Micawber

You can always buy them.. The price just goes up. I have a great original Bronco here: however, I could sell it if the price were right. Sane could be said for many rare repro such as my BR Werrber B-2. The one bespoke repro, with parts sourced from all over the World, is the only jacket I would never move on.

Ya can't buy friendship of a WW2 combat vet who did his stint wearing a bit of kit that decades after he entrusts to you. That kind of thing can't be bought.

Micawber

Technically it can. 'Provenance'.

Sure you can buy something with provenance either directly or via 3rd party, anyone can splash the cash and do that. Being given something direct from the hands of a friend who used it in combat, to hear the stories, see the photos, the records, the cine film and other "provenance" by sheer dint of being a friend trusted enough to become the next guardian of the gear beats simply splashing the cash any day. Well it does to me.

ausreenactor

Make sure your family know how significant that jacket is and why it is unique.

I have tubs full of all the uniforms and paraphernalia tied to my career and my deployments... The medals are the most significant elements for families generally... My kids wouldn't know what's what....but the boy wants my combat belt/holster more than anything else..??

Pilot

Technically it can. 'Provenance'.
I believe what John means with “technically “ is:
buy an original A-2 or whatever item...
buy a lot of photos and documents...
accommodate both lots...
....and you have a “ technical “ provenance....
A lot of “ provenance “ like that on Crapola Bay.