• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The M-1943 US Army Field Jacket

WW2 Buff

Hello, I want to share some photos of the original WW2 period M-1943 US Army Field Jacket I have acquired.

DSC09428.JPG

DSC09429.JPG
DSC09431.JPG
DSC09433.JPG
DSC09434.JPG
DSC09437.JPG
DSC09440.JPG
DSC09438.JPG

coolhandluke

This is the one jacket that I own, but have never been able to work into my wear rotation. Time and time again, I'll see Illya Sobtchak wearing his M-43, so I'll pull mine out and try it on. It just never looks quite right on me, even though it feels fantastic.

Screenshot_20240401_202729_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240401_202758_Instagram.jpg

Erwin

You can still find these M43 jackets in a decent condition, especially in the USA. Finding a prototype from the pre-production run is a tricky task.

Spitfireace

Now they should remain in the closet as a collectible. Nobody knows it's a real WW2 jacket anyhow except you. Might as well get a Bronson or something as a beater.

Thomas Koehle

The design of the M43 was continued by the norwegian army up to the 1990ies.

I was able to get my hand on a whole lot of those jackets in my size (44-46) actually dirtcheap. They came with matching pants also in the original design ...

They're still part of my collection. All came with the norwegian flag on the shoulder - no other insignia.

There is/where 2 versions existing which only difference was the epaulettes ...

4F9ag1v.jpg

IjCupns.jpg

pB6hUX9.jpg

difference in the epaulettes
cLpDzdi.jpg

6ovuUyQ.jpg

and i own 2 original - 1 in size 46 (with some stains) and 1 in 36

there is another jacket on the hanger with the larger M43 and the visible label does not belong to the M43
UzPWfhF.jpg

z8gDHz1.jpg

I got them during my active "reenactment" period just when "SPR" and "BOB" where in the movies respectively on HBO

coolhandluke

The design of the M43 was continued by the norwegian army up to the 1990ies.

I was able to get my hand on a whole lot of those jackets in my size (44-46) actually dirtcheap. They came with matching pants also in the original design ...

They're still part of my collection. All came with the norwegian flag on the shoulder - no other insignia.

There is/where 2 versions existing which only difference was the epaulettes ...

4F9ag1v.jpg

IjCupns.jpg

pB6hUX9.jpg

difference in the epaulettes
cLpDzdi.jpg

6ovuUyQ.jpg

and i own 2 original - 1 in size 46 (with some stains) and 1 in 36

there is another jacket on the hanger with the larger M43 and the visible label does not belong to the M43
UzPWfhF.jpg

z8gDHz1.jpg

I got them during my active "reenactment" period just when "SPR" and "BOB" where in the movies respectively on HBO

The Greeks had them too Thomas. The cuff adjustment on the sleeves, being one of the main distinguishing features.

greek-m64-51-jacket.jpg