• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lincoln Jacket made by Fishmeok as landed !

John Lever

rich said:
John Lever said:
I wear my WW2 jerkin more often than any flight jacket. My father in law had a tailor sew arms from a greatcoat in to his for extra warmth.
BTW Aero make these out of FQHH

Did they ever make you the custom Irvin John?
It's on hold at the moment. [no money]

fishmeok

I like the jerkins, but I'm going to concentrate on basic A-2 styles (A-2,A-1,Lincoln Brigade, etc.)and half belts until I perfect them (including that ANJ-3). Sucessfully re-sizing the pattern to a 42 was a huge step for me, took a lot of work to get the proportions right. I probably have 20-25 hours into this jacket alone, including making the pattern. My sidecar rig is still in pieces in the garage, you can see where my priorities are...
Cheers
Mark

DUBOWA2 said:
Hi Mark I have more buttons for you but I will hold them until you have moved ,I sure you do not need another thing to pack .Whats your next project going to be got anything in mind ?.How about making a WW2 British jerkin Im sure some of the shooting members would love that and would also be in the same vein they were used Spanish civil war .

http://www.jerkins.co.uk/history.html

Rgds Jeff .

duwan34

Hi Charlie, my first message for you. Superb jacket, the quality is here (and your taylor is rich ;) )

I recovered the grey leather jacket (with the strange serial number "OR 83 655 10 67").