• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suit Up! The Flight Jacket

Persimmon

Has anyone got this book.
I see its in Japanese.
Is it worth buying ?
Anyone got a copy for sale ?

Thanks, Alan

442RCT

I ordered and received my copy a couple weeks ago from the Japanese book company, (easy to deal with). Personally, I didn't find it worth the money. I didn't care if it was written in Japanese because I was mainly interested in getting pictures of painted and or patched A-2s. There were pics of the A-2s, but not as many as I wanted. If the copy had been written in English, I might have enjoyed other aspects of the book.

Persimmon

I looked at the web site but its a $44 book plus $30 more to ship to England.
No free shipping here !
Will look for a more second hand option perhaps and see if I have any luck first before parting with $70 plus dollars.
Thanks.
Alan

rich

442RCT said:
I ordered and received my copy a couple weeks ago from the Japanese book company, (easy to deal with). Personally, I didn't find it worth the money. I didn't care if it was written in Japanese because I was mainly interested in getting pictures of painted and or patched A-2s. There were pics of the A-2s, but not as many as I wanted. If the copy had been written in English, I might have enjoyed other aspects of the book.

Have you got Maguires Art of the Flight Jacket? All the A2's you can eat........

Persimmon

Hi Rich,
Yes I have the Maguires Art of the Flight Jacket book. That I love to read and re read.
I did look at Ebay but at $63 plus postage its a $90 purchase and half the folks say its a good read whilst half say its not worth the money.
I need someone who has the book who thinks it poor and wants to sell it.
I found the sasugabooks website but as I live in England its a mid $60's purchase with postage.
Cheaper than Ebay true but I just hate paying almost as much in postage for a book as the book cost.
Thanks for the info though.
Alan

442RCT

rich said:
442RCT said:

Have you got Maguires Art of the Flight Jacket? All the A2's you can eat........

Yup, I've got three of Maguire's flight jacket books, Hell Bent For Leather, Cowboys of the Sky, several assorted noseart books with pics of original jackets, etc., but I still want more. :p