• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stunning size 8 Links Irvin

Roughwear

This is interesting as I don't recall ever talking to this seller about this jacket, but his Ebay user name may simply be unfamilar to me. I suspect he has lifted the info from VLJ.

Yes it is a Links Irvin and one of their better quality ones judging from the photos. This contract was awarded towards the end of 1940 and the jacket has features usually associated with mid war Irvins. It is in very well preserved condition and being a size 8 will command a high price. It may be just the jacket for Soren.

Roughwear

Thanks David. You have a better memory than me! However, I had not seen the jacket until it appeared on Ebay as Charlie never posted pics.

cwbauser

Good Morning Gentlemen.....

Glad you like my jacket.....it really is an incredible jacket.
The fleece is really soft...unlike a number of wartime jackets I've owned.

Yes, Andrew, we corresponded quite a while back.... :)

Best,
Charlie

cwbauser

a note....I've worn this jacket to a number of events and it never fails to draw a crowd. :D

Even interests those who know nothing about what it is. Clearly the finest original jacket I've owned.
With my frame being large, wartime jackets rarely come close to fitting. This being an such a large size, is perfect for guys who want original, but thought they'd never see one for sale....

-Charlie

cwbauser

My apologies to Andrew for not posting pics....I haven't until fairly recently had a camera that would do this jacket justice, photographically speaking.

-Charlie

flyboy

cwbauser said:
a note....I've worn this jacket to a number of events and it never fails to draw a crowd. :D

Even interests those who know nothing about what it is. Clearly the finest original jacket I've owned.
With my frame being large, wartime jackets rarely come close to fitting. This being an such a large size, is perfect for guys who want original, but thought they'd never see one for sale....

-Charlie

Thats me, you are talking about!!!! :)
- Soren