• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stuka jacket NH

Jasper

I've been lurking the forum and finally made an account. I want some guidance on buying a few jackets.. The Noble House Stuka and Winter Kaneljacket caught my eye, but are they good reproductions? Should I keep looking?

B-Man2

I've been lurking the forum and finally made an account. I want some guidance on buying a few jackets.. The Noble House Stuka and Winter Kaneljacket caught my eye, but are they good reproductions? Should I keep looking?
Hi and Welcome !
Can you post a few photos of the jackets you’re asking about ? While many of us are familiar with Noble House jackets some of the newer people here may not be aware of them. While Noble House jackets are usually good quality made jackets, they are not known for their accuracy or authenticity for repro jackets .

Last edited:

Jasper

Here I attached the photos. I'm just looking for an accurate German pilot jacket preferably with shearling.

Attachments

• 456456.jpg
    456456.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 345345345.jpg
    345345345.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 645777956867.jpg
    645777956867.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 0898967.jpg
    0898967.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Kermit3D

The name "Kanaljacke" is often misused. True "kanaljacke" are light jackets made of fabric used during the Battle of Britain. You wouldn't want to fall into the English Channel with a sheepskin-lined jacket ;)

Jasper

Thanks for the insight and information guys. I'll keep looking. The tropical Channel jacket looks great I was also looking for a light jacket, I might snag one.

JonnyCrow

Thanks for the insight and information guys. I'll keep looking. The tropical Channel jacket looks great I was also looking for a light jacket, I might snag one.
Jasper I'm pretty sure Spearhead is a guy called Barry Lindon, years ago he was hit and miss but a few reenactment groups especially the UK gave him pointers and he improved, far as I know that tropical jacket is the only one made by him, it was loosely based on original photos sent by one reenactor of the Africa campaign but a original, only one appeared in a museum once, but its myth or legend haha nice walk around jacket though

Jasper

I'm also interested in two other jackets.. The D-1 and the Irvin, Aero seems like the place to get both. But I'm thrifty and I've been trying to find one second hand, the problem I run into would be the size, I have a large chest so I tend to go for 50-52 which seems to be rare sight.

Enigma1938

This is my original LW Winter jacket:
20210104_103653.jpg

Well with noble house....
Some of their jackets are ok some not when it comes to quality. The materials itself are ok, good quality leather and fabrics but hardware like zippers and buttons are mostly cheapest crap, their kriegsmarine buttons are the worst recreation I could imagine. Their jackets are also not pretty accurate, they are 50% there but lacking details or have added BS like additional pockets and stuff.
For someone who wants just a leather jacket of average quality they are ok, someone who wants a accurate repro should avoid Noble house. There are better companies who are doing good repros fir the same price or cheaper like Fivestar or AVI fir example.