• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speaking of Irvins

ZuZu

Why does no one make a copy of this beautiful jacket? I went through an Irvin patch a few years back and found a few photos of these dark jackets in my obsessive googling. Amazing!

Black Fleece Irvin Air_Marshal_Sir_Arthur_Coningham,_Italy,_January_1944_TR1497.jpg

ZuZu

I found during my obsessive Irvin phase that the "look" of the British blue RAF uniform with an Irvin thrown over is as distinctive and cool as an A-2 and khakis. When I was in France one late October I saw people with the slash pocket Aviation Leathercraft Irvins. I found that even those looked great.

Smithy

I found during my obsessive Irvin phase that the "look" of the British blue RAF uniform with an Irvin thrown over is as distinctive and cool as an A-2 and khakis.

An Irvin looks even better with the darker blue RAAF uniform which was worn by some Aussies on short service commissions with the RAF and the AASF during the Battle of France and obviously later with Aussies from the RAAF flying in Fighter and Bomber Commands.

We've talked a lot about black sheepskin Irvins in the past both here and over at Le Salon du Chapeau in the old days. Originals are rarish and command good prices.