• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Nylon, cotton and leather...

bebel

You're right! :D

First, a medium L-2B Mil-J-7448C over a G-4A anti-G suit.
7848c002.jpg

Willy McCoy

I think I see a nice WEPS jacket in there and an Indian orange K-2B flightsuit. Looks like a nice collection for sure.

bebel

Peter Graham said:
Nice collection. The "Fighting Eighty-Four" jacket is a killer. Any chance of a few more photos of it ?

Mil-S-18342B from 1963, Size 42R, made by Aviators equipment Corp.

bebel

Peter Graham said:
That's a real beauty. I'm glad it's a 42 otherwise I would have demanded that you sell it to me. :)

Whatever would be the size, the answer would have been "NO"! :D Have no regret!

Franck

Rutger

Naval aviation preference, Phantom phanatic maybe?
Whatever, that's one fine collection you have there.
All originals?

Were WEP-jackets ever made in nomex, or just nylon?
What's the time span WEP-jackets were issued?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Rutger said:

Here's a little info from the John Chapman CD ...

• These jackets began at some point in the late 1950's, and were made through the 1970's in almost the same design throughout. The earlier jackets had a more yellow-olive tone, which progressed to a more green color. Also, the cuffs on later jackets were made in an interesting point on the inner seam. These jackets are part of a whole suit, including trousers, and in the lining one can see the connection tabs for the top of the trousers. At one time, the jackets were issued through the Bureau of Weapons, noted as WEP, which is why they are often referred to as a WEP jacket.

bebel

Rutger said:
Naval aviation preference, Phantom phanatic maybe?
Whatever, that's one fine collection you have there.
All originals?

Thank you.
I am a vintage USAF and USN flightgears collector and history enthusiast. I like both USAF and USN from this period. But at this time, my focus is most about the beginning period of the 60's for USN. Naturally, flight jeckets are amazed me and there are a part of my collection. All original. I don't have repros because they have no history, however they are beautiful and usable...

Jacket, Winter Flying Suit were issued from the second part of 50's until 1970's. Nomex CWU jackets superseded JWFS in the 70's. The jacket is made from Nylon.

Franck

Willy McCoy

Thanks for posting the WEP jackets and flight suits. I really like WEP jackets, but the nylon is thinner than the same period USAF jackets.

bebel

Some other jackets...

B-15A (Hudson Garnments)

L-2A (Superior Togs)

MA-1 (Mil-J-8279B Dobbs Industrie - FY 1958)

Willy McCoy

Yes on the B-15-A. I really like the asymmetrical zipper design. I want one too. I have the B-15-B(MOD) that has this feature. It's the warmest and most comfortable jacket I own.