• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sleepers

John Lever

I thought a thread on finding Nos repros might be interesting, those jackets that were bought perhaps as gifts and never worn and have remained in storage for years but suddenly surface on ebay. I have had one or two, this is the most recent a mis -labelled size 40 Merino B-3 that is a size 42 and only £160.... new never worn the neck belts have never been fastened. The skin is simply stunning, so soft and shiny like fresh paint, the sleeves wrinkle up like Capeskin and the fleece is a very nice rich honey colour, unfortunately the photos are slightly over exposed.
There was a tag attached to the hanging strap, the thread is still visible on the close up.
The seller had no idea what they had, I wonder if some of these items are bought at boot sales or from house clearances ?
3-1.jpg

10.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

John Lever

Roughwear said:
Very nice John. What a bargain. How old do you think it is?
15 to 20 years old, it's Fenland sheepskin with the waxy leather strapping, similar to the one you sold to Paul. I have seen several like this they are all with russet trim never seal, I would like to find one of those.

John Lever

Roughwear said:
I notice it's a size 40. You usually take a larger size, so does it fit you?
Others have told me that Eastman used to make their jackets a size up from the label. It's the same fit as my 42 Perry, perhaps a touch smaller but nothing significant. The fit is more military than relaxed modern so it's OK. A size 40 RAF would be way too small though, even a 42 is too small for my taste.
tn.jpg

John Lever

ace1967 said:
I'd say the fit is spot on !
Thanks for that.
It was listed as a size 38 so it was a pleasant surprise to find it was a large size 40.[42]
The plan was to give it to my daughter but it was way too big, good for me !