• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Size isues

oose

Hi all,
;)

pp-long-short1.jpg

yours stu

watchmanjimg

Excellent photo which in my opinion shows there is no such thing as a "proper" WW2 fit. Lt. McElwain is wearing a wool jacket underneath his A-2, which would be impossible with anything but a loose fit. Even big Cpt. Miller appears to have plenty of room. Maybe there's hope for those of us with "modern" builds yet . . .

watchmanjimg

I was wondering about that myself. I know there were US-made wool flight jackets in addition to the range of "Ike" versions produced in the US and Britain. This one appears to be an Ike based on the pocket design, but I can't be sure.

watchmanjimg

I was thinking the same thing at first, but his jacket appears to have patch pockets a la Ike. Besides, as you point out the B-13 is relatively rare and I imagine the Ike was far more commonly seen.

Tim P

with a collar like that it is not british military of the ww2 period. It is most likely a brit made choc ike.

zoomer

FWIW, What Price Glory did a repro of the B-13 a few years ago. Couldn't sell any. It's a cool looking garment, but it was so unknown, it had no mystique whatsoever.

A

Anonymous

oose said:
Hi all,
;)

pp-long-short1.jpg

yours stu

Great photos. So much for 'The Look' then, eh ?
What would those jackets look like on thier owners with just T-shirts on I wonder ?? They'd be laughed out of the forum :eek:

Dave :ugeek:

Stony

Notice the patch on Cpt. Miller's A-2. It's open at the top and the wings are pained there.

Andrew

JACKET_ HEAD said:
So much for 'The Look' then, eh ?
What would those jackets look like on thier owners with just T-shirts on I wonder ?? They'd be laughed out of the forum :eek:

Rotflmao... comment of the year.

Great period picture of original jackets worn on the job.