• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showing Eastman Some Love

Grant

Still really dig my Eastman Monarch!
\
M.jpg

33-1729

Mr Eastman was very helpful when I purchased my 33-1729. It was from an early run and I got the impression my 44" had the exact dimensions as his original 44" (the chest is truly 44"). The knits looked a bit thin when I got it, but have held up quite well over the past decade or so. The leather has a semi-aniline finish, like the originals, and while not as substantial as the newer McCoy, GW, Buzz Rickson, etc. I've seen it certainly looks the part.

33-1729.JPG

Chandler

Mr Eastman was very helpful when I purchased my 33-1729. It was from an early run and I got the impression my 44" had the exact dimensions as his original 44" (the chest is truly 44"). The knits looked a bit thin when I got it, but have held up quite well over the past decade or so. The leather has a semi-aniline finish, like the originals, and while not as substantial as the newer McCoy, GW, Buzz Rickson, etc. I've seen it certainly looks the part.

View attachment 116551
What year did you buy this one? That aniline finish wears the way I'd like to have a jacket patina.

A friend of mine had an ELC Monarch that wore and looked very similar.

33-1729

What year did you buy this one? That aniline finish wears the way I'd like to have a jacket patina.

A friend of mine had an ELC Monarch that wore and looked very similar.

I purchased it in early 2009. I thought if I was going to get an A-2 I'd get "the one", so I spent a huge amount of time checking out all the possible pre-war A-2 options. Good Wear was just starting out and didn't have a track record like Eastman back then. And Mr Eastman was so incredibly helpful it was an easy decision.

Falcon_52

I will follow that up with another 33-1729. I bought this one from HPA in 2007. It has made several trips to Japan with me and was my only A-2 for a really long time. The lining is starting to come apart especially around the collar but otherwise still has many miles left to go!

Noel

0947D1F0-A55A-4057-BC57-545F0AEBF17D.jpeg

Thomas Koehle

View attachment 116551

Awesome!

I like the aging on this one ...

Thomas Koehle

I will follow that up with another 33-1729. I bought this one from HPA in 2007. It has made several trips to Japan with me and was my only A-2 for a really long time. The lining is starting to come apart especially around the collar but otherwise still has many miles left to go!

Noel

View attachment 116559

On this one as well ...

Seems Eastman stuff ages in "dignity" ...

Thomas Koehle

My "50 CAL" B3 - got it 5 yrs ago when they still have been available in the 1.000,- Euro pricerange (even back then it was a heck of money ...)

iHFTsfc.jpg

IN1X3sh.jpg

I really love it but not that many occasions any more to wear such a heavy and warm jacket anyway ...

In general i really like the "EASTMAN-Concept" in constantly bringing up new stuff and broaden his portfolio. I like the way he presents his collection and the idea that an enthusiast managed to make money with his hobby (i'm jealous). With his "marketing concept" he is superior to AERO IMHO the only setback for me is the prices ...

Erwin

This USMC shirt has not a good print for the Mitchell pattern, in comparison to a genuine Mitchel prints. Also, there was no contract for USMC shirts type P58 in this camo, means pure fantasy stuff. Only for devoted brand enthusiasts ;)

269sqnhudson

Just to mention I bought a new ELC Dubow last week. Contrary to the ELC Star and Roughwear A2's I tried on at the 2018/19 pop-up shops in London this Dubow has plenty of room at the sleeve end/cuff for my hands to move through. Not sure this is a move recently made across their different models but I was very pleased to see it. Pics to come soon, I love my new Dubow, it's absolutely stunning! It's also 26 years since my first Eastman A2 purchase and they have come a long way for sure.

Grant

Just to mention I bought a new ELC Dubow last week. Contrary to the ELC Star and Roughwear A2's I tried on at the 2018/19 pop-up shops in London this Dubow has plenty of room at the sleeve end/cuff for my hands to move through. Not sure this is a move recently made across their different models but I was very pleased to see it. Pics to come soon, I love my new Dubow, it's absolutely stunning! It's also 26 years since my first Eastman A2 purchase and they have come a long way for sure.

Glad you like your new Dubow! Looking forward to seeing photos.

bn1966

Currently alternating my ELC A2’s (Monarch & 50 Cal) & on the rare occasion we see sunshine in the UK the A1 makes an appearance. Have enjoyed the Eastmans experience over the years with the exception of the price increases which now mean I can’t currently justify any more jacket purchases. If you get the opportunity their Devon showroom is well worth a visit..just leave your wallet at home.