• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your “Vintage” Good Wear Jackets.

Maverickson

HI All,

It is nice to see some renewed interest in quality reproduction jackets again on VLJ.

A "vintage pic" of John and I back in 2012 and when my GW reproduction Monarch A-2 journey began with my GW repro jacket seen in the subsequent pix.

J.C. &  I.JPG

I traveled cross country from VA. Bch., VA to Seattle to meet with John. Note, I am wearing one of my all time favorite wears (pre 1948 Monarch horse hide civilian) in the pic.

Most notably, I am believe that my GW Monarch will last well beyond me. Much like my civilian Monarch which has already lasted the lifetime with it's original owner. Now working on #2 with me. I am aware that it's original owner graduated high school in 1939.

See more about this same GW Monarch jacket here & as received https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/a-2-monarch-good-wear-born-on-the-4th-of-july.16982/

My Monarch A-2 after 7 seasons of wear and well broken in. As suggested by JC it took some wear but the grain gets more pronounced with wear. Exactly as explained, it only gets better with each successive year of wear.

Monarch GW A-2.jpg

GW Monarch A-2 Reverse.jpg

Monarch GW Lining.jpg

Original & above all correct blackened M-39 Talon zip assembly.

Monarch Leather Zipper Extensions.jpg

Everything about this jacket is superior!

Cheers, Dave

Last edited:

B-Man2

HI All,

It is nice to see some renewed interest in quality reproduction jackets again on VLJ.

A "vintage pic" of John and I back in 2012 and when my GW reproduction Monarch A-2 journey began with my GW repro jacket seen in the subsequent pix.

View attachment 61582
I traveled cross country from VA. Bch., VA to Seattle to meet with John. Note, I am wearing one of my all time favorite wears (pre 1948 Monarch horse hide civilian) in the pic.

Most notably, I am believe that my GW Monarch will last well beyond me. Much like my civilian Monarch which has already lasted the lifetime with it's original owner. Now working on #2 with me. I am aware that it's original owner graduated high school in 1939.

See more about this same GW Monarch jacket here & as received https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/a-2-monarch-good-wear-born-on-the-4th-of-july.16982/

My Monarch A-2 after 7 seasons of wear and well broken in. As suggested by JC it took some wear but the grain gets more pronounced with wear. Exactly as explained, it only gets better with each successive year of wear.

View attachment 61579

View attachment 61583

View attachment 61580

Original & above all correct blackened M-39 Talon zip assembly.

View attachment 61581

Everything about this jacket is superior!

Cheers, Dave
That’s a beauty Dave ……
And you’re spot on regarding the quality of that jacket . I think that John Chapman’s jackets will outlive us all :D

entertainment

I still love this jacket and wear it all the time. Even wore it today!
Added bonus, it incentivizes keeping the weight off since it is very trim through the middle.
Lots of compliments too which never seems to happen with the A-2s. . . .
One thing I love about JC is that he really is a master at forming a collar (among many other skills).