• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling off jackets??

Tim P

if we had a pact to do a summer end sale and post all our nylon and leather that is surplus here at friendly prices it would be a great way to re-jig our collections and thin out surplusses.

CBI

Hey - if anyone has any original size 44 A-2's or an original or high-end repro B-15, I am happing to consider it - send me a PM or as suggested, a VLJ garage sale .............

Actually, I just picked up two orginal A-2's so I really need to take a buying break but ..........

:?

watchmanjimg

With easily 100 jackets of various types in my collection I have no plans of selling them off. However, I do experience ebbs and flows in purchasing. When it looks like I'm going overboard I just sit back and catch my breath until the next opportunity comes along . . . :lol:

wheat1479

I have about six or seven leather jackets.Three a-2s.Several utility style from the 30s-40s and repo made.Maybe a sale and/or trade?

Atticus

On second thought, maybe we ought to keep our nylon jackets. I just scanned through the MA-1 section of ebay for the first time in months. There was only one original XL for sale and it was a '68 D-series with improperly replaced knits.

AF

watchmanjimg

Atticus said:
On second thought, maybe we ought to keep our nylon jackets. I just scanned through the MA-1 section of ebay for the first time in months. There was only one original XL for sale and it was a '68 D-series with improperly replaced knits.

AF

Good point, Geoff. They only seem common when you're sitting on a pile. ;)

usafwso

I would not mind liquidating 3/4th of my flight gear collection. Tried selling a few pieces on ebay but am not giving them away.... There is just too much stuff.

better duck

Last time I counted I appeared to have 10 A2's, all repro, half Eastman and half Goodwears .... And yes, I have a couple that I never wear, that just hang there as silent proof of a certain degree of nuttiness :D

fishmeok

I think you guys are right, it's time to thin things out. i have a bunch of stuff i have picked up mainly to look at the construction that I think I will have to put on e-bay this weekend. Only things that might interest the list are a Large Long M51 field jacket, 70's MA-1 about a 42, Alpha generic B-15 with removeable collar, etc.

I tend to pick things up just to mess with them, for instance I recently received a spearhead B-10 that I am going to tinker with, and borrowed a WPG B-3 from Clark to see if I can make it better...

Cheers
Mark

Peter Graham

I own about fifteen jackets, only one is a repro. About five earn earn their keep, depending on the season, and I only wear vintage jackets. I don't posess a "normal" jacket. Apart from the wearers the rest are nice collectors pieces, a few of these being real gems. I don't want to sell any more but it's hard to hang on to something that hangs in the closet but will pay for a weekend for two in Amsterdam or an engine for my Triumph bobber project. :?

USMC_GAU-21

I think I would be up for a end of summer garage sale. I just need to get downstairs and see what I have that I don't need.

Been trying to do that for a few months now. Don't want to put them on eBay, but also don't want to have "give-away" prices either. But you guys know what is a fair price, so I am not worried.

usafwso, what do you have as far as flight gear? I am always looking for helmets and other related gear.

my line of jackets I need to thin out:

4148302613_8f1cfab177_b.jpg

r/Gunny Dan

MikeyB-17

Most of my collection has gone over the last few years to fund bass gear. For a while I lost interest a bit, but am back to regular visits here, although I doubt I will ever own as many jackets as I did a few years back. I'm most unlikely ever to shell out for something really expensive like a Goodwear or original A-2, however I do have a terrible urge for a D-1, which I hope to do something about soon.

442RCT

However, I do experience ebbs and flows in purchasing. When it looks like I'm going overboard I just sit back and catch my breath until the next opportunity comes along . . . :lol:

After I bought a couple of A2s from Persimmon, I thought I was gonna be done. It's tough to explain, but after I acquired 2 Seftons and Alan's well broken in Aero and ELC, I didn't think I could do any better. The 4 jackets fit like they were custom made for me, I think the only other A2 that would have been great to acquire would have been Alan's GW Werber that some other lucky VLJer got.

EBay has been pretty quiet over the summer, but still managed to pick up 2 or 3 jackets...I'm really trying to hold down the impulse to buy any more though...sigh :roll: ...but if a nice painted A-2 came along in my size, I know I'd be bidding on it. :oops:

I 'aired' out my jackets last weekend and counted them (I honestly didn't know how many I had). I counted a total of 51 leather flight jackets. 40 A2s and 11 G-1s I probably have around 5 or 6 nomex flight jackets stashed around the house.

100_0010a.jpg

100_0011-1.jpg

442RCT

CBI said:
442RCT - see help immediately :eek:

You sure didn't help when you listed your jacket...if it'd only been one size smaller, I would have been all over it... :oops: :roll: as it was, it took great self control not to buy it just to frame and display. :mrgreen:

Swing

Clark J said:
to lazy or just don't want to do the Ebay thing???

Both! I should sell my ELC B-15 (50), Monarch A-2 (48), and Buzz L2 (46). None of them have been worn in years.

~Swing