• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling off jackets??

Clark J

How many guys here have gone in to the closet lately and utter the words"Man I have to sell some of these"....to lazy or just don't want to do the Ebay thing???

Atticus

That's me. I still like my jackets but there are many that I never wear. I have a pile of Vietnam-era, XL, orginal nylon that I need to pass along, but I just can't bring myself to become an ebay seller.

AF

Atticus

Here's about half of it. This photo is easily three years old, and I've purchased many more jackets since then.

wisconsin.jpg

AF

Atticus

Yeah, I've got issues. Last I counted, I've got thirteen MA-1s...all from '58 to '72. I've also got about half that many L-2Bs.

I need to thin the herd.

AF

jack aranda

Yep, Clark, I have a half a dozen leather jackets I'de like to get rid of. They are just taking up space in my closet, but, as you said, I don't get around to taking all the pictures needed to do a first-rate ebay presentation and doing the posting. Rats. Inertia is hell.

CBI

I always seem to hover around 10 jackets at any one given time with jackets being bought and sold constantly. This has slowed down quite a bit now (still at 10). With our weather in the mid-south US, there are a limited number of days to wear any type of jacket - it just does not get cold enough. For me, if I can't wear them, I don't feel the need to own them. Any more than 10 jackets and they just never get worn enough. Even 10 is a stretch. This is just the case with me and I am not commenting on any one else's collecting habits.

Overall, I have been very happy with my selling experiences mainly on eBay and a few to VLJ members. For all of the eBay bashing, I still think its a viable selling option.

Weasel_Loader

A few years ago, my nylon collection was pretty large, but I've thin'd it all down now to just three and I'm pretty satisfied. GW A-2, Buzz B-15C and Buzz L-2B. I do have one jacket on my want list now and that's a repro Tanker. ;)

Tim P

Weasel_Loader said:
A few years ago, my nylon collection was pretty large, but I've thin'd it all down now to just three and I'm pretty satisfied. GW A-2, Buzz B-15C and Buzz L-2B. I do have one jacket on my want list now and that's a repro Tanker. ;)

all good sound choices.

CBI

one can still be enthusiastic about jackets without buying them. that's the nice thing about a forum like this. Enjoying other people's jackets for free :)

Marv

Unfortunately I am the same, I need to sell off some of my A2s and a couple of Irvins to hopefully fund a new GW RW 27752 but can't seem to get of my arse and put them on ebay.

Tim P

easier to ping them on here... the buy sell section here has been slow of late....leather, nylon, alll good.