• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selecting an A-2 for body shape

CBI

for the athletic types: Werber, Poughkeepsie or my top choice, the Dubow 20960.

bseal

From personal experience, the Star Sportswear Goodwear facsimile is a supremely comfortable pattern for anyone that wants both good freedom of movement, and a clean look.

Tariacuri

This is a sensitive topic for me as well. I'm an archaeologist and have to keep in shape during the year to perform two months of very hard fieldwork every summer. I figure if I can't keep up with my grad. students I'm sunk - and keeping up with 20 something fit folks is tough. I run two miles every other day, and walk 4 miles round trip to campus and back 3 times a week, along with circa 50 push-ups and other stuff every day - and this is just to maintain - not gain anything.

I'm 43, 5'11'' inches, a 36" waist, and 195 pounds. Last summer I went down 4 notches on my belt but only lost circa 8 pounds.

I have a Goodwear Doniger goat 44 and it fits me perfectly. You can see pics in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2880

Chris