• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seal Brown??

WingAndaPrayer

I hope this helps you decide on what color to get for your FiveStar Star jacket. I can tell you also in terms of fit, mine has low arm holes and the leather piles a little on top of the shoulders, very similar to a suit jacket. If you don’t like that I would recommend asking Shawn to raise the arm hole 1inch higher. And the pockets are almost on the side. It’s hard to reach into them. Those are two things to keep in mind, it fits a little more slim in the stomach area also. The inset sleeves are nice because the sleeve stays pretty much tight to the wrists and doesn’t pull back halfway to the elbows haha. Besides that it fits just like any other A2.

Pa12

I hope this helps you decide on what color to get for your FiveStar Star jacket. I can tell you also in terms of fit, mine has low arm holes and the leather piles a little on top of the shoulders, very similar to a suit jacket. If you don’t like that I would recommend asking Shawn to raise the arm hole 1inch higher. And the pockets are almost on the side. It’s hard to reach into them. Those are two things to keep in mind, it fits a little more slim in the stomach area also. The inset sleeves are nice because the sleeve stays pretty much tight to the wrists and doesn’t pull back halfway to the elbows haha. Besides that it fits just like any other A2.
Have a look at the pictures I posted of my Platon in the for sale section. Different colour with almost every picture. It’s actually a milk chocolate colour but you wouldn’t know from the pictures

bellumbill

I really appreciate your input and others absolutely helps. The pocket thing is good advice, hate when the pockets are too far over! As far as color and hide, going by Gary Eastman's book he has a positive DNA result on his Star that is steerhide - so I think I will go with that hide, need to see if F* has anything comparable in color. Actually, the color of the jacket in the book seeing it as I sit here looks a hair darker that what it looks like here. Thanks again! Best, Bill

A2 Star Sports Gary Eastman book.jpg

Last edited:

WingAndaPrayer

This is the five
I really appreciate your input and others absolutely helps. The pocket thing is good advice, hate when the packets are too far over! As far as color and hide, going by Gary Eastman's book he has a positive DNA result on his Star that is steerhide - so I think I will go with that hide, need to see if F* has anything comparable in color. Actually, the color of the jacket in the book seeing it as I sit here looks a hair darker that what it looks like here. Thanks again! Best, Bill

View attachment 104753
This is FiveStar russet steer hide
357B32A3-2CDB-413A-9B6B-6C5DC7E90CC1.jpeg
B2D8ACB5-EABD-4E47-9DDE-2A8D36236509.jpeg
5FBB97EB-900C-4ADC-B4D2-DB1424DD5E79.jpeg
B17B2481-4305-41BE-9861-970A12DB6BF8.jpeg
EB94A2BF-D94E-4C60-BEA3-3012F88E26BB.jpeg

WingAndaPrayer

I really appreciate your input and others absolutely helps. The pocket thing is good advice, hate when the pockets are too far over! As far as color and hide, going by Gary Eastman's book he has a positive DNA result on his Star that is steerhide - so I think I will go with that hide, need to see if F* has anything comparable in color. Actually, the color of the jacket in the book seeing it as I sit here looks a hair darker that what it looks like here. Thanks again! Best, Bill

View attachment 104753
And seal steer. This is the Poughkeepsie I had. You can see how it goes from almost black to a dark chocolate under different lighting conditions
15AD9DD2-4881-4CD3-BE7D-E6C734F014FA.jpeg
D37C7DAF-307D-438D-AC91-5343C1A60FAC.jpeg
AD146E86-3251-4D40-A673-4B03F6721505.jpeg
DEF48EFE-0484-4B9C-BD11-49D149A0ED91.jpeg
05DCA887-29A7-492B-8318-5D14BAC64993.jpeg
1EDF2FF5-4F15-4F0D-918B-B91EA8872E81.jpeg
9033C31A-E524-4E80-B2D0-99795A25426A.jpeg

bellumbill

Thank you! Nice pics of nice jackets. Yeah, I don't like the black look - wish his stuff was just a bit more chocolate so would look dark brown in all light. We'll see. Best, Bill K.

WingAndaPrayer

Thank you! Nice pics of nice jackets. Yeah, I don't like the black look - wish his stuff was just a bit more chocolate so would look dark brown in all light. We'll see. Best, Bill K.
I don’t either. It looks like his new seal horse hide is a little less blackish. But I think you will like the russet steerhide. It’s a nice shade of medium russet.