• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schott A2 bomber jacket MOUTON COLLAR

Patrickd

HELLO ALL

I PURCHASED A BROWN A2 BOMBER JACKET FROM SCHOTT ON EBAY NEWISH SO IT IS A RECENT MAKE.
I NEED A DETACHABLE FUR MOUTON COLLAR TO COMPLETE THE PACKAGE
DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE FOR SALE

CHEERS.

Patrickd

I purchased the brown version which on the Schott NYC site is called an A2 jacket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230901_184754.jpg
    Screenshot_20230901_184754.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 94

MikeyB-17

Hi Patrick. They’re decent, well-made jackets, in a generic ‘flight jacket’ style, many of us started our jacket-buying career with one of those. Most of the guys here have been bitten by the bug and moved on to jackets which are more accurate reproductions of military flight jackets, but you never know, somebody here might have one. I’d be inclined to contact Schott direct, as AFAIK they’re still making them-or failing that, keep your eye out on EBay.

Patrickd

Sounds interesting!!!!!What are the most accurate definitions of the original used in the field, Not Avirex Lewis Leathers Aero Sears???? I gather that any military service clothing would come unbranded. I thought that Schott had a government contract with the military??? As I thought with the police and fire department as I own a Schott fireman coat with karabiner buckles from the 90'$ which were highly popular circa 91 to 93 when high fashion became union made workwear at the time those jackets retained at $1300 30 years ago

MikeyB-17

If you stick around a while you’ll see that a number of companies are making, to varying degrees, accurate reproductions of WWII and other flight jackets. Eastman Leather clothing, Good Wear leather clothing, Aero leather clothing, various Asian companies, et al. Several own the rights to use the names of wartime contractors, of which there were many. No expert but if Schott had a government contract, it wasn’t for flight jackets during the war. Others will probably know better. They make nice jackets, I have a couple myself, but I wouldn’t, for instance, pay what they’re charging new for a leather Pea Coat-I got mine used for a hell of a lot less. There’s a lot to find out, but beware! It gets expensive if you get caught up in this stuff. :D

Spitfireace

Schott makes a detachable collar that they sell for the 618 jacket as an accessory in black only. No idea if that would fit this particular jacket, the snap placement has to be correct. I would second MikeyB-17's suggestion that you contact Schott. They might sell you one that fits your jacket. I think that's your best option unless you can find someone to make a custom one for you.

petermack09

Hi Patrick. They’re decent, well-made jackets, in a generic ‘flight jacket’ style, many of us started our jacket-buying career with one of those. Most of the guys here have been bitten by the bug and moved on to jackets which are more accurate reproductions of military flight jackets, but you never know, somebody here might have one. I’d be inclined to contact Schott direct, as AFAIK they’re still making them-or failing that, keep your eye out on EBay.
I bought mine in London around 35/40years ago, still wearing it 2day, fantastic jacket and quality, many of my top end jackets, Eastman, aero, lost world's etc have come and gone, the schott won't be going anywhere.even came with a zip in liner :), even the knits are still perfect.
IMG_20230901_203536.jpg

Last edited: