• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam alert

petermack09

Just received a rambling email from an Arthur Wilson regarding my Eastman air comfort. I put the jacket on the Eastman classifieds and this zoomer has got in touch. Remember his name if anyone is selling. :)
Screenshot_20231202_143113_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg

Chandler

He wants your address to send a "removal agent?"

Yeah, to remove all your belongings.

Did you report this to ELC?

Pa12

I’m appreciate I use gooder english ;)
I’ve seen similar scams many times. They’re usually out of country or on a ship blah blah. I find any time I advertise anything it takes the first 2 or 3 days to work through the scammers. They usually latch on within minutes of posting. Must have a program that flags new postings. Death by unga bunga to all of them I say.

Pa12

I watched a doc last night (probably why I’m in a pissy mood today) about the whole ticketmaster/ticket scalping thing. They interviewed a guy who bought 100000 dollars worth of tickets last year and sold them for 300000. They asked him if he thought that was alright. His answer “if I didn’t do it someone else would “. Really? Is that what humanity is come to.
Oh boy,if I were king of the world for a day. Sumbuddy goin to get a hurtin real bad. That’s my rant for the day.

B-Man2

Tell him to send you a bank cash money order payable upon presentation at the bank and tell him that you will meet his representative for transfer of the jacket at a mall or some other very public place or…. In front of the police station for transfer. If he’s not legit you won’t hear from him again .