• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Royal Mail tracking

Hawkeye

is there some sort of trick to the royal Mail online tracking system that I'm not aware of? The sender of a jacket in the Uk said he sent the jacket out early yesterday, and gave me a tracking number, but the number is not registering with the website. I've asked him to double check the number again, but in the meantime, anyone else had problems with royal mail tracking?

There's no problem--it's just that the "number" takes time to become incorporated; that is, to be in the system for you to see tracking. At least this is what occured to me--UK to the USA.

:D give it some time.

John Lever

This could be for the reasons stated, but it could also be that there is confusion between a package reference number in case of a loss, and a tracking number which is totally different.
I believe that the only tracked service is Global Priority.

havocpaul

International Signed For is trackable but only whilst the parcel is in the UK, Global Priority is the only way I know that tracks all the way.

Hawkeye

Yes, global priority is the one I paid for...and its been about 2 days since he said he sent it. Still nothing on the tracking site.

John Lever

Go back to the seller, get him to check the number and letters. Check if the letters are case sensitive or not. If still no good, could be that he has charged you for a lesser service.