• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Trip Yesterday ..... The Mighty 8th Museum.

Edward

thanks for posting this! very inspiring and gives me something to look forward to! I'm 1 hour 50 minutes from it... have yet to go! argh! my car is aging... just had an new alternator put in it 2 weeks ago. scared to drive it that far. got some stuff to take care of first but a new car is in my goal plan so perhaps I'll make that trip sometime next year.

B-Man2

thanks for posting this! very inspiring and gives me something to look forward to! I'm 1 hour 50 minutes from it... have yet to go! argh! my car is aging... just had an new alternator put in it 2 weeks ago. scared to drive it that far. got some stuff to take care of first but a new car is in my goal plan so perhaps I'll make that trip sometime next year.
Ed
We’re each about the same distance away from the museum 2 hours , with you being north of it and me being south of it . When you’re ready to go , let me know and I’ll meet you there and go through it again and have lunch and the restaurant located in the lobby!

mulceber

Well there’s one I think I might be ok with because I have a similar repro made by JC . I have a Perry Sportswear in Russett goat that looks exactly like this one .
View attachment 59289View attachment 59290

Good call, Burt (at least as far as I know). I'm going to go with Dubow 1755 on this one:
BEEFD222-7628-4762-B3A6-68F46C14FBDF.jpeg

My thinking:
  • pointed collar
  • collar hooks set a bit further back into the storm flap
  • purple(?) knits
  • seal color
  • looks to be the right shaped pocket flaps (though it's hard to see)
  • the fact that the Dubow and the other last 3 contracts were made predominantly in smaller sizes, which would fit, seeing as this is a woman's jacket.

B-Man2

Good call, Burt (at least as far as I know). I'm going to go with Dubow 1755 on this one:
View attachment 59317
My thinking:
  • pointed collar
  • collar hooks set a bit further back into the storm flap
  • purple(?) knits
  • seal color
  • looks to be the right shaped pocket flaps (though it's hard to see)
  • the fact that the Dubow and the other last 3 contracts were made predominantly in smaller sizes, which would fit, seeing as this is a woman's jacket.
Good call Jan and I think there’s another 1755 further back in the photos . This one definitely had the dull purple knits .
CC074B65-4898-4448-B8D1-636F9DBB7DD6.jpeg

Edward

Ed
We’re each about the same distance away from the museum 2 hours , with you being north of it and me being south of it . When you’re ready to go , let me know and I’ll meet you there and go through it again and have lunch and the restaurant located in the lobby!
Absolutely will do!!!!