• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RMNZ M-444

omarco

Well this one arrived to me a week or so ago direct from NZ. I was hunting around for an M-444 and spoke with Paddy at RMNZ and by chance they had this one in stock left over from when they used to keep stock of this model, they now only make them special order for 'The Few at almost double the price. This one was a few years old but brand new.. and more importantly the measurements added up so i went for it.

I love this pattern and am surprised its not more popular. Here are a few pics, iphone pics only i'm afraid.

8085746658_c9a2a9dcb1.jpg

8085745792_a74710992a.jpg

8085747014_d2260598cd.jpg

8085748707_cc4d9a89e0.jpg

8085750777_0fb5e14f5e.jpg

8085752097_34904b185c.jpg

8085749317_0df670d989.jpg

8085747740_e656156d88.jpg

8085747631_8578a23ba8.jpg

HHjackets

very nice, i like the collar, definitely something you can wear in town (unlike the other similar anj-4 jacket with huge collar).
what size is it by the way?

omarco

Thanks, the collar is maybe my favourite bit as well, very wearable compared to others, smaller even than a D1. And i love the way it zips right up.

The size is tagged as a 40 but i would say its a large 40, i usually take a 42.. back length is around 26" shoulders around 19" pit to pit around 23"

John Lever

Can you manage to zip the collar all way up ?
I have had several jackets with this feature and non of them have worked as they have always been too tight.

omarco

Hi John, yea i'm pleased to say it does do up very easily. Plenty of room to zip it up and bury my chin in there when the weather gets chilly

John Lever

The thicker wool length of 20 mm and perhaps a slightly non too perfect neck pattern make this impossible with my jacket. I had a W and G jacket that had the same issue.
I once heard that JC may make these one day...

767fo

Congrats on the fine jacket. The Few has the best hides for their shearling jackets. Enjoy

Jaguar46

HHjackets said:
great!! you can let me know if you ever to decide to part with with it!
enjoy wearing it!

If you ever get it and decide to part with it, let me know. :)

It appears this jacket is a discontinued line. :(

MikeyB-17

The M-444 is my ideal sheepskin jacket-it's a shame nobody makes one that's accessible to normal people.

John Lever

Jaguar46 said:
John Lever said:
Not discontinued just an intergalactic price. Apararently the folded seams are a nightmare to sew

I was basing my statement on this page.

http://www.realmccoys.co.nz/cat03.html

Perhaps nothing is discontinued if the price is high enough.
I think there is a copy of that page in The British Museum next to the The Dead Sea scrolls. It hasn't changed for a decade.
The same jacket can now be bought through The Few website for a couple of thousand dollars.

Jaguar46

John Lever said:
Not discontinued just an intergalactic price. Apararently the folded seams are a nightmare to sew

I inquired with Real McCoy NZ, and the jacket is available as a custom order from The Few for $2615 ($3200 NZ). gulp :eek:

767fo

Jaguar46 said:
John Lever said:

I inquired with Real McCoy NZ, and the jacket is available as a custom order from The Few for $2615 ($3200 NZ). gulp :eek:

:eek: