• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RMNZ B-3

Grant

Here's a quick snap shot of a buddies old RMNZ B-3. No fake "time worn" finish, just honest wear and tear. The jacket has to be almost 10 years old. Sorry for the fuzzy camera phone picture.

B-3.jpg

Falcon_52

Grant:

The picture looks pretty good to me. Man, does that jacket look heavy duty. RMNZ have the sheepskin jackets nailed.

Noel

John Lever

I have just noticed that the waist belts are unfastened. Shame they cost so much new, I would have one otherwise.

stanier

I have just noticed that the waist belts are unfastened. Shame they cost so much new, I would have one otherwise.

Me too! Do they ever have sales at RMNZ?

And we need a proxy in NZ that can ship in a plain non-customs attracting wrapper! ;)

John Lever

stanier said:

Me too! Do they ever have sales at RMNZ?

And we need a proxy in NZ that can ship in a plain non-customs attracting wrapper! ;)
I have paid over £250 duty on each of my three RMNZ/Few jackets. Paddy told me that they did have a UK outlet/importer at one point but it was a failure.
They used to hold stock and occasionally have sales but since the global slowdown everything is made to order.

stanier

I have paid over £250 duty on each of my three RMNZ/Few jackets.

Lovely B-3 but at that duty plus the initial price difference (between RMNZ and ELC) it's hard to justify for a jacket that in the UK you don't wear for much time in the year :(

I feel like a dork standing next to him in my ELC B-3

That'd be an interesting comparison pic grant, do you have one?

Cheers

John Lever

Eastman make a very nice B-3, just ask Andrew about the RW B-3 and the one Vic has. They are of a lighter weight than RM though. The duty of the straps and the heft of the jacket feels more workman, as I would expect the originals were.
I can only ever find 46's though, where are all the 44's ?

That's a beauty B-3. I'd have one if the weather here would justify it even a little bit. Too darned hot most of the time for an A-2 let alone something like that. :lol:

Roughwear

John Lever said:
Eastman make a very nice B-3, just ask Andrew about the RW B-3 and the one Vic has. They are of a lighter weight than RM though. The duty of the straps and the heft of the jacket feels more workman, as I would expect the originals were.
I can only ever find 46's though, where are all the 44's ?

I have an early ELC RW redskin B-3 which I bought from John before Christmas. IMO it is more accurate repro in terms of finish than the current ones. It has an original Talon zip. One of my collector friends examined it carefully and was convinced it was a well preserved original. I'll post some pics in due course.

Roughwear

Here are a few pics of the ELC RW redskin B-3. I wear this jacket a lot as its both warm and comfortable and its nice to ring the changes.

065-4.jpg

062-2.jpg

050-3.jpg

052-2.jpg

054-3.jpg

056-2.jpg

049-5.jpg

Roughwear

Andrew said:
Roughwear said:
...an original donar...

Did that come with chips and chilli?

Oh Students..... :lol:

Not chips this time! Woops-typo- donor! This is the problem with the short lived editing function-if you miss a typo it can't be corrected much later. :(

MikeyB-17

Peter Graham said:
That RMNZ really looks the part. I see the dude also appears to be sporting a musette bag. Good look.

Yeah I noticed that too. That chap has appeared in forum pics several times over the years. Like the Redwings too. I like my old D-1, but I'd love another B-3, especially one like that.

Grant

Hi Mikey, yeah, he's a buddy of mine I've posted pictures of before. Like most serious collectors I know he doesn't post on this forum.