• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Report scams on Ebay

ZuZu

Has anybody here used eBay lately to sell stuff? I have a bunch of jackets and a watch but I'm too afraid to sell on eBay because of the huge disadvantages sellers have. Still doable?

B-Man2

Has anybody here used eBay lately to sell stuff? I have a bunch of jackets and a watch but I'm too afraid to sell on eBay because of the huge disadvantages sellers have. Still doable?
eBay is far from what it used to be in its infancy days and you’re right regarding the seller being at a disadvantage. However you can still sell items and have some protection if you keep your sales restricted to the country you live in and you take multiple good clear photos and write concise descriptions. eBay is currently taking about 14% of you fees for their services . I currently have items up for sale as selling on VLJ is kind of a hit and miss thing . If you’re unsure about it try listing one item of lesser value and see how it goes .

Last edited:

Erwin

IF we all did this then the practice might stop.
Hey John,

As far as I'm aware, a valid complain needs to be done by business owner, or designated by business owner person [legally]. I reported a lot of sellers with other people as well, result = nobody cares. Only profit counts for marketplace platform, wish you good luck for this decent inniciative.

John Lever

Hey John,

As far as I'm aware, a valid complain needs to be done by business owner, or designated by business owner person [legally]. I reported a lot of sellers with other people as well, result = nobody cares. Only profit counts for marketplace platform, wish you good luck for this decent inniciative.
The last one was a photo of an Irvin by Aero. I shared it to Denny and also reported it.

Silver Surfer

some time ago, I got on a tear, and reported several of these scammers to eBay "file a complaint". result? no a damn thing above and beyond, "thank you for your input". hell, if greedbay got rid of the scammers, there only be a couple dozen sellers left.

ZuZu

I think so too. And buyers can do as they like. It, like everything on the internet just about, is ruined...

Blackboxr1200S

Scammer...Not on eBay, but on Facebook!

@Wz1999 ... does this jacket look familiar?

1700843661740.png