• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reline Rezip Rough Wear w-535 23380

kevlarg

Not bad. I hope you win it. If it were me I would have a proper zip put in once I got it. That one looks el cheapo. Otherwise its got a great patina. Good luck!

Roughwear

This contract rarely comes up for sale and perhaps was made in smaller numbers than the 1401p contract. It will need a Talon or a Crown zip (my CBI jacket has a Crown) and perhaps more accurate knits. This one seems to be a size 42. I suspect it wont be cheap, especially now it has been flagged up here for anyone to see! Good luck anyway.

havocpaul

"I suspect it wont be cheap, especially now it has been flagged up here for anyone to see! Good luck anyway."

Not so sure in that condition, there are some serious issues with it, rare contract or not, it's not going to be a wearer.

Roughwear

havocpaul said:
"I suspect it wont be cheap, especially now it has been flagged up here for anyone to see! Good luck anyway."

Not so sure in that condition, there are some serious issues with it, rare contract or not, it's not going to be a wearer.

Paul, This A2 is far from perfect, but if the leather is conditioned sparingly it can be brought back to life. IMO it can easily be a wearer. I have restored A2s in a much worse condition and they have become wearers.

Is your plan to put people off and snap it up? ;)

atkins

havocpaul said:

That's what i'm afraid of. I need a wearer.

Roughwear

atkins said:
havocpaul said:

What concerns you about the jacket? There is some surface wear, but no obvious rot. A couple of light coats of Pecards will work wonders on it.

atkins

Roughwear said:
atkins said:
havocpaul said:

What concerns you about the jacket? There is some surface wear, but no obvious rot. A couple of light coats of Pecards will work wonders on it.

Sir,
Isn't the arm spot can be considered rot? "Flaky-ness?" on storm flap and collar. I never handle one single original before,therefor don't know how a 60 years old leather looks like, strength etc. Your advice please.

havocpaul

Not so sure in that condition, there are some serious issues with it, rare contract or not, it's not going to be a wearer.[/quote]

Paul, This A2 is far from perfect, but if the leather is conditioned sparingly it can be brought back to life. IMO it can easily be a wearer. I have restored A2s in a much worse condition and they have become wearers.

Is your plan to put people off and snap it up? ;)[/quote]

Not my game to do that Andrew, not everyone has your skill in restoration and I wouldn't give this jacket much time at all, I've seen too many like that over the last 30 years and they don't stand up to much use; holes, dry/cracking leather are no-no's for me but then maybe I'm just too fussy!

atkins

Paul, thank you for the opinion,"cracking leather" is the word i meant, on the other hand, the seller hasn't reply any of my 4 emails, i hate being in a dark.

havocpaul

It's not a good sign if they don'te reply to questions, make sure you ask for exact detail on the state of the leather etc. If in doubt, leave it: there'll always be another jacket 'round the corner' soon.

atkins

Yipeeeeeee! Ebay: Congrats, you just bought this item. Now what? I think i'm gonna mess a bit with the seller,for keeping me in the dark !

atkins

Oh tidak Mr .Tim p, saya hanya akan mengulur waktu pembayaran, sampai dia menjelaskan kondisi si jaket tersebut. sudah 6 email saya kirim tak ada satupun yang dijawab termasuk niat saya untuk membatalkan penawaran. Kita lihat saja nanti. Bagaimana mungkin anda bisa bahasa? Senangnya ada kawan Malaya !

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
atkins said:
Oh no Mr. P Tim, I will only extend the time of payment, until he describes the condition of the jacket is. I have 6 email tell no one that is including my intention to cancel the bid. We see it later. How can you possible language? Happiness Malaya have friends!

:)

jacketimp

atkins said:
Oh tidak Mr .Tim p, saya hanya akan mengulur waktu pembayaran, sampai dia menjelaskan kondisi si jaket tersebut. sudah 6 email saya kirim tak ada satupun yang dijawab termasuk niat saya untuk membatalkan penawaran. Kita lihat saja nanti. Bagaimana mungkin anda bisa bahasa? Senangnya ada kawan Malaya !

anak malaysia.........lama tak guna bahasa pun sudah berkarat..........tuan! :lol: