• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Redtails"

dujardin

Red Tails

hellooooooooooo

has someone info about the movie?
is it completed ?
when in the theater ?

thankssssss
marcel

DiamondDave

Re: Red Tails

WOW! It is about time... We were starting to think it was never coming out around here!

DD

CBI

Super impressive! great flying scenes. Superb jackets John, nice caps Diamond Dave, cool painted patches - ME, nice jacket artwork - Roberto.

Awesome, cool, oh yes!

airfrogusmc

Looks great. Man those jackets look like the real deal. WTG John and anyone else involved.

Dr H

Need to check out the previous threads on this site as the jackets (Goodwear), hats (Diamond Dave), patches (CBI) and artwork (Roberto) have all been discussed previously.

philip.ed

Those jackets do look awesome!
But am I alone in thinking that those flying sequences look like something out of Pearl-Harbour? There appears to be a lack of a realistic flight-model (the planes look like they're skidding on ice) and the damage-model and smoke effects seem quite basic. For 2011, the CGI looks quite poor as well.

Just my opinion, though; the story appeals a lot more to me, and hopefully they will have done it the justice it deserves.

Vcruiser

philip.ed said:
But am I alone in thinking that those flying sequences look like something out of Pearl-Harbour? There appears to be a lack of a realistic flight-model (the planes look like they're skidding on ice) and the damage-model and smoke effects seem quite basic. For 2011, the CGI looks quite poor as well.

Just my opinion, though; the story appeals a lot more to me, and hopefully they will have done it the justice it deserves.

That's the first thing I noticed,too,Ben. Hell the history channel does better than that....

m444uk

philip.ed said:

Looks like an ad from an old shoot em up video game !

philip.ed

Yes, I agree. Although if that was a flight-sim, I'd steer clear of it in place of something a lot more realistic! :)

Steve27752

Well, Cgi or not I am looking forward to seeing this film.
Anyone have a link to which models of GW were used?