• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent photos of GW 422 and 39 Werber

Roughwear

Eastman have raised their game recently with their newer Italian horsehide, but they are still behind GW in terms of 100% accuracy. I'm basing this view on all the Eastman's and GWs I have owned/seen and am comparing them with originals in my collection.The only downside with GWs is the long wait, but if one's measurements are correct you get a jacket that fits well and could easily be mistaken for a NOS original.

Marv

I have to agree that GW are definately the premier supplier of repro A2s at present, being relitavley new to the A2 game (since around 2006) I have owned Cooper, Aero and Eastman A2s (mainly Eastman) and since the introduction of Good Wear into the market and from what I have seen and read on the forum, GW A2s are the most authentic.

Having not owned a GW as of yet I can only advise on what I have seen, heard and read but if you have the cash and are prepared to wait then a GW would be well worth it.

Don't get me wrong Eastman make fantastic jackets and as Andrew mentioned in an earlier post, have definately raised their game a lot with the new italian horsehide and re-model of their RW and Monarch A2s, I still feel that you can't go wrong with an Eastman A2 but it's all down to what you want personally i'm afraid.

My favourite Eastman A2 at present is their Pearl Harbor model in timeworn Walnut finish and in my opinion this is the best Eastman A2 I have owned, it's just fantastic.

Andrew

Over here where the A-2 is basically an unknown item and I get asked about my "cool jacket" at least I can say that my GW is an American Flight jacket- and it really is.

airfrogusmc

airfrogusmc said:
Just pulled these babies out and forgot how good they looked.

The collar on the 422 is getting lighter and some of the grain is becoming way more pronounced.
IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5896.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

AHHHH and the 39 Werber what can I say but John is the man.

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5900.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

IMG_5903.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

Both for sale. PM me in interested....