• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent(ish) New Additions to the jacket Collection

CBI

the parka was funny because the guy really insisted it was WW2, even talking about the Vet who owned it and knew enough to say it was worn in 44/45. I was a little suspect about it but he "assured me" and the price was so inconsequential that I kind of didn't bother doing any homework. Could it be a private purchase from the era? What got me is how well made it is, the nice wool alpaca lining and the zipper tape had that aged original B-15 zipper tape look. Anyway, anyone know anything about the Appleman company?

Thanks

CBI

thanks. Full Gear is probably correct. I can't find any references to the manufacturer. I guess a good investigation is in store!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RCSignals said:
Could it be that Full Gear is simply missing this manufacturer and contract number?

It is a civilian type label ... the Spec. number is wrong, and if the contract number was correct, it would be incomplete. The labels on the issued parkas contain much more information, including PROPERTY AIR FORCES, U.S. ARMY.

TankBuster

There's no question about the B-11 being a postwar jacket. Still looks to be a good jacket to kick around in though. The rest of your jackets look real nice.