• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent(ish) New Additions to the jacket Collection

CBI

Been awhile since I have posted photos - way too busy with work and home and had a broken camera.

Original Perry Contract A-2. Super soft HH:

IMG_8044.jpg

IMG_8040.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

IMG_8099.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

Original Cooper Sportswear Contract A-2. HH (yes, its the Cooper Company that DID make them in WW2. Lucky dice zipper pull:

IMG_8051.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8049.jpg

IMG_8045.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8098.jpg

More in a moment

CBI

Orignal Fried Osterman Contract A-2. Depot Re-Dye Goatskin. Looks like a "long" size but this contract is cut this way.

Unique details of this contract via Acme Depot/JC

* collar stand sewn inside the body of the jacket, not over the outside
* collar is made, and collar stand leather and cloth are both sewn to collar first, then unit is inserted between lining and leather shell at neck
* collar stand ends before wind flap, not extending fully to the end of it
* collar back is one piece, not two sewn with French seam
* epaulets are sewn over body seams, which are done French style (same as United Sheeplined)
* epaulets have top piece folded over bottom piece, not sitting on top of them
* inset sleeves
* pocket body has cloth tape .75" wide, sewn along the folded edge, and sits against the leather body panels. This can only be seen by pulling back the edge of pocket body.
* very unique tabs on each end of the waistband. More like a Navy jacket, sewn over the waistband, not under it
* size tab under collar has the word "Size" over the numbers.
* one pocket has union label sewn to body panel, and other pocket has size tab sewn to body panel
* non-wind flap side of zipper has leather body panel covering it completely.

IMG_8060.jpg

IMG_8058.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8093.jpg

IMG_8094.jpg

Good Wear A-1 with Vermont Espresso Lightweight HH:

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8065.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

IMG_8061.jpg

Good Wear A-1 with domestic cape - John's very first A-1. Look a little large on me but fits well and is SUPER lightweight. I had the sleeves shortened a little but will probably take off another inch.

IMG_8067.jpg

IMG_8070.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8074.jpg

More in a moment

CBI

Good Wear Tanker - John's second one ever made. Terrific clone:

IMG_8077.jpg

IMG_8078.jpg

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8082.jpg

IMG_8090.jpg

Maybe not much interest but I picked up this near mint original WW2 B-11 - VERY WARM, love the wool lining!

IMG_8083.jpg

IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

FYI: Nice MASH Co. T-Shirt:

IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8104.jpg

Nice Buzz Sweatshirt

IMG_8106.jpg

That's it for now........

Persimmon

John
Thanks for the posts.
An interesting and varied selection.

A1 wars indeed.
Ian is coming !!

I do like the Cooper.
It has an interesting collar.
Have you a close up picture please.

dujardin

all those jackets are splendid

''petit coup de coeur'' for the tanker repro

thanks and congrats

Cobblers161

Absolutely bloody lovely, thanks for sharing them. I just love that Perry and the Fried Osterman looks stunning with the depot redye. Just the epitome of cool.

Funnily enough I picked up a GW Perry from HPaul today and it both looks and fits like the one posted.

There's one small snag, I think you need a size 46 and on that basis should sell them to me! :D

Thanks again, I'm smitten.

Roughwear

Thanks for the update John. I know the Cooper well, but the Fried Osterman looks fantastic in a 44 and are hard to find in this size without issues. :)

Dr H

All fine looking jackets John - love that Perry, wear it in good health, it's in good hands :D

CBI

thanks all. If the B-11 is post war - no idea. I purchased from an established collector who was liquidating a large "WW2 era collection" although you know how THAT can be. :?:

Roughwear

All the Wartime B-11 jackets were 1944 contracts. I have checked the list of contracts in Full Gear and the maker of your jacket is not listed nor is the contract number. This would confirm Peter's view that the jacket is post War.