• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raw Cord boondockers at WWII Impressions

ww2imp

rawcordboondockers2.jpg

We are excited to announce the arrival of our newest production of USMC/USN style raw cord boondockers. For the first time anywhere we are proud to offer replica footwear for the wwii era US martime services with raw cording in the sole and heel.

For more information please visit our boondockers page at

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/newusmcboondocker.html

John Lever

Juan,
We are always very happy to hear from manufacturers about new products. Please next time post in the dedicated Manufacturers section.
Thanks

ww2imp

Please excuse the misplaced post and I completely understand. Feel free to reassign to the correct location if need be.

Thank you for your time.

unclegrumpy

If you guys get the bug for a pair of these, do yourselves a favor and look at some of the reviews out there regarding the fit.

In my experience the quality was excellent, but the sizing was a bit challenging. The issue for me, was the pointedness at the toe tip, and the sizing in general. What I mean by sizing in general, was at least in the bigger sizes, they run big, and maybe a little long and narrow.

I am sure this could all be easily overcome if you could sit and try on several pairs in different sizes and widths, but that is not practical through the mail.

These are great boots, and WWII Impressions is a pleasure to work with, but do some homework on the sizing, and don't assume from the start that your normal shoe size is the size to order.

ww2imp

unclegrumpy said:
If you guys get the bug for a pair of these, do yourselves a favor and look at some of the reviews out there regarding the fit.

In my experience the quality was excellent, but the sizing was a bit challenging. The issue for me, was the pointedness at the toe tip, and the sizing in general. What I mean by sizing in general, was at least in the bigger sizes, they run big, and maybe a little long and narrow.

I am sure this could all be easily overcome if you could sit and try on several pairs in different sizes and widths, but that is not practical through the mail.

These are great boots, and WWII Impressions is a pleasure to work with, but do some homework on the sizing, and don't assume from the start that your normal shoe size is the size to order.

I agree. It is hit and miss. We tried to be as forthcoming with fitting issues as we can but nothing beats actually trying them on. If in doubt give us your feet length and width in inches and we can try to check the fit. These shoes require an airgap of about 3/4" to 1" in front of your toes to be comfortable. That's the nature with the slim toe shape.

Andrew

Juan, your Boondockers are by far my favourite footwear that I wear and especially with my narrow chinos (actually it's usually these, converse, vans or flip flops). Really comfortable and supportive. I think these are around two years old now. I never treated mine with anything but then i've not gone out of my way to get them wet either. However as Corey says the sizing is tricky to get right and that's not any fault of yours, just the way it is. Mine are 11.5EE's and I wear a size 11 in Converse and for me these are just a little too long in the toes but great everywhere else (you can sort of pick it up in this shot where it dips back down toward the tip).

7d38b417-6dd3-494d-96d9-a234de10221a_zps7c8a345b.jpg

I'm considering getting another pair now the raw chords are out as it's an excuse to possibly size down a little. I know it's a subjective sort of question but do you think that going for the 11EE's would shave too much off the length considering the taper or would just be a better fit?

If I go that route I may well be putting these up for sale- shame really as i've spent some good times in them.

unclegrumpy

One tip that Andrew's post reminds me of, is that unless your feet are actually narrow, consider the EE width...they are not nearly as wide as you might think.