• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare black Buzz

asiamiles

Here's a couple a black BR's I spotted. Neither is part of their William Gibson collection but I believe are store exclusives, the A-2 to Beams, the L-2B to Hinoya. I did bid for the latter but didn't want to pay more than $US200...the A-2 is being offered for 10x that price! :eek:

beamsa2.jpg

blackl2b.jpg

Corey

The black L-2B looks pretty cool. Dunno about the A-2 though. Reminds me of a black California Sportswear civi A-2 I had at one time.

666078965_LNfVT-L.jpg

666079040_NGDGP-L.jpg

666078998_To5Rp-L.jpg

Peter Graham

I just can't get my head round that William Gibson stuff. To me, jackets that were not meant to be black just look bad in black, but maybe I'm just a conformist at heart. I hope not.

asiamiles

Peter Graham said:
I just can't get my head round that William Gibson stuff. To me, jackets that were not meant to be black just look bad in black, but maybe I'm just a conformist at heart. I hope not.

Peter, I agree with you that some of WG jackets look better in their original colour (though we should remember that L-2's came in olive drab, blue and sage green), so I don't think it's a case of you being a "conformist" - also we may associate black nylon and M-65's with various subcultures, making them less appealing. But I do think A-1's, A-2's and B-2's all look great in black...I was bidding on a WG A-1 a few days ago but $700 was as high as I wanted to go.

Corey, I really like that Californian...if you still had it I would definitely have been enquiring.