• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

flyincowboy

Vought Corsair of the French Navy stationed in Korea

Vought Corsair of the French Navy Flottille stationed in Korea.jpg

Micawber

Direct from the WW2 Life On The Home Front FB group which primarily concerns the UK is this photo and description which I personally found fascinating…

Women marking the pattern of uniforms onto material with chalk in preparation for the cutting stage of the process. Nine hundred miles of khaki serge produces 5,000,000 battle suits and 6,000,000 pairs of trousers.

IMG_2582.jpeg

Pa12

Direct from the WW2 Life On The Home Front FB group which primarily concerns the UK is this photo and description which I personally found fascinating…

Women marking the pattern of uniforms onto material with chalk in preparation for the cutting stage of the process. Nine hundred miles of khaki serge produces 5,000,000 battle suits and 6,000,000 pairs of trousers.

View attachment 142175
Wow!

B-Man2

View attachment 142175
Looks like they’re using every square inch of material out of that batch

Micawber

Looks like they’re using every square inch of material out of that batch

Indeed, sign of the times. A book I read recently (The War & Uncle Walter) was based on the diaries of a civil servant during the war. A big part of his duties was to travel around the country, usually by train, visiting various factories and suppliers in order to inspect materials and usage.

Lorenzo_l

Tourane / Da Nang Air base with French B-26 Marauders … all borrowed from Uncle Sam..
See the mountain ridges in the back.. same as on your photo…
View attachment 142177
Those are Douglas A-26 Invaders, re-designated B-26 between 1948 and 1965, after the original Martin B-26 Marauder had been withdrawn from service. The Invader's re-designation often leads to Invaders and Marauders being mixed up.

flyincowboy

Thanks for sharing, are you sure its Korea?
According to my records no ( French ) „Aeronavale or Royale“ aircrafts in Korea.. but I might be wrong.
The Airport looks more like Tourane ( Da Nang Indochina / Vietnam ) than Kimpo..
Again, thanks for sharing, nice photo… happy to learn!
To BRICE Not 100 %sure been told it was in korea.. maybe just stationed in DA NANG for maintenance before another flight....

leper-colony

1710951946507.jpeg

Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve (RNVR) pilot Lieutenant C J Lavender of Enfield, stands beside his Fleet Air Arm Grumman F6F Hellcat fighter aircraft on the flight deck of the Royal Navy Illustrious-class aircraft carrier HMS Indomitable currently in action with the British Pacific Fleet off the coast of Sumatra, Indonesia during World War II on 18th January 1945.

Members online

No members online now.