• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ralph lauren a2

nogbat

dont laugh boys but i just saw the rl a2 , and its pretty good for a repro ,its had an aging process that makes it look like an original jacket it looks a little bit to me like a bronco..... if you can go to the bicester retail outlet in oxfordshire.. they retail at 545 pounds :oops:

havocpaul

RL have produced some pretty good 'copies' of military jackets, M-42 jumpsuit jacket, M-41, A-2, I am sure if they went the whole hog they could produce excellent repros but they are first and foremost a fashion house.

Tim P

I like them and I have seen them in Bicester for less than 200 pounds. wait wait wait.
RL's repros are astonishingly close to original, they then often annoyingly add 'fashion' augmentations. still love em though.

nogbat

nooooo.. i didnt pay that,i had the wife with me anyway how could i explain paying that amount for a jacket when you all know what she would say.... youve got 4 of them anyway so what do you want another one for.... as you can see ime the boss in my house :lol:

John Lever

nogbat said:
dont laugh boys but i just saw the rl a2 , and its pretty good for a repro ,its had an aging process that makes it look like an original jacket it looks a little bit to me like a bronco..... if you can go to the bicester retail outlet in oxfordshire.. they retail at 545 pounds :oops:
Do they have any sheepskins ?
Some of them are quite good apart from the hand warmer pockets.

John Lever

nogbat said:
didnt see any sheepskins there john.
They do a very nice Anj-4. One version has weird shoulder patches and distressed hide. The other better one has a more normal skin with very nice hh arm reinforcements. £1200 new !!!

NickG

Ralph Lauren also did a nice ANJ-3 look-a-like sold under the American Living brand thru JC Penny's. Their regular price was $350, I got one for less than 1/3rd of that (sale)!
Americanlivingbomberjacket.jpg

NickG

This is my ANJ-3! Its a hybrid alright!
Its got A2 style pocket snaps, G1 style pocket shape, gusseted arm pits and
bi-swing action back, exposed zipper with internal stormflap. A well made coat!
I removed the "civilian" tag...
a2007.jpg

NickG

Here's Ralph Lauren's "interpretation" of a M445 Navy shearling coat.
(not mine...an e-bay offer...just under $900...)
BjERgrwmkKGrHqQH-DEtFGDUlSBLR-9-Ni8.jpg

NickG

Polo Ralph Lauren really did their best...considering they're a fashion house...
not a repro jacket company!
Look at the convincing period looking tag! Who knew?
BjInwQB2kKGrHqMOKkMEsnPDO6pBLSTclfe.jpg

John Lever

I have had that version. If it has the diagonal slash type seam at the back and odd shoulder repair patches, then it's the one to avoid. The outer coating has a nasty crazed finish that looks cheap. The other version has a waxy finish on the arm leather and much nicer sheepskin and looks like this one which was way too big for me.
IMGP2170.jpg

A nice jacket apart from the side entry pockets...

Tim P

they are really vey good all things considered. probably go for an Eastman Monarch though from the look of that one.
always on the lookout for a second hand one in xl. if ever anyone sees one could they link it here as I get notifications of this thread... ;)

kevlarg

havocpaul said:
RL have produced some pretty good 'copies' of military jackets, M-42 jumpsuit jacket, M-41, A-2, I am sure if they went the whole hog they could produce excellent repros but they are first and foremost a fashion house.

Here is the M-42. I wonder if it has the switchblade pocket at the neck?

P3333-1.jpg