• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rakuten

John Lever

I have been trawling through Rakuten looking at the prices. I looks like the whole thing is very expensive, as even junk Avirex B-3's are over £800/$1300 !!
I wonder how much this pulls up the prices of the high quality jackets from The Few ?

Jaydee

It's all there in the name:

RAK(e) U for TEN times the value.

A real diservice to the Japaneese Public IMO, but everybody is entitled to try and make
a buck I guess.

John Lever

tcwu said:
Buying from Rakuten! You also get rebate toward to your next purchase.
I bought my BR B-2 there! Also some jacket there price is lower than listing price.

The point is you are not going there to buy USA brands!
You buy direct from US! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(some models maybe are Japan market only)
I think it's a bit of a con.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:

Japanese domestic prices have always been high, but they haven't changed, and a Japanese Yen remains a Yen.

What has changed is the exchange rate with the Pound, and the perception of Rakuten prices. As you convert into your own currency, what was once perceived as expensive, now appears to be ridiculously expensive.

Personally I think you're doing the right thing ... focussing on Aero, and Eastman, and ignoring the imports for now.

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:

Japanese domestic prices have always been high, but they haven't changed, and a Japanese Yen remains a Yen.

What has changed is the exchange rate with the Pound, and the perception of Rakuten prices. As you convert into your own currency, what was once perceived as expensive, now appears to be ridiculously expensive.

Personally I think you're doing the right thing ... focussing on Aero, and Eastman, and ignoring the imports for now.
You are probably right David.
BUT we can buy Avirex B-3's here for half the price of Rakuten.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:

So go for it .... just make sure you buy the museum version.

cockpitreproB3_DETAIL.jpg

Jaydee

Cool! And a bargain at $959 :shock:
You would think they would put on a Repro Talon Zip for that price. It seems they never have been able to get the zippers quite right

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:

So go for it .... just make sure you buy the museum version.

cockpitreproB3_DETAIL.jpg
You know I used to own one of these and I sold it to JC he said it was one of the best B-3's he has ever seen..he put a Talon on it .Redskin with character to embarrass Eastman and The Few...
Camera024-1.jpg

Silvermans sell them for £600

Unfortunately they seem to have dropped the quality of the new ones as they look odd -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
You know I used to own one of these and I sold it to JC ...

Yes john, I remember ...

... he said it was one of the best B-3's he has ever seen..he put a Talon on it. Redskin with character to embarrass Eastman and The Few...

... and yet you sold it. :?

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
You know I used to own one of these and I sold it to JC ...

Yes john, I remember ...

... he said it was one of the best B-3's he has ever seen..he put a Talon on it. Redskin with character to embarrass Eastman and The Few...

... and yet you sold it. :?
Yes...
Can't remember why, probably to buy something inferior as is my usual habit.