• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAF IRVIN FLYING JACKET Why the High Price?

Roughwear

The jacket sold for far more than I would have expected, especially with the damage to the sleeves, where the metal glove anchor points had been removed. The IAC original label, large size and general good condition of the jacket all helped. There were three main bidders and two pushed it so high.

Andrew

Way overpriced, Blackswan got lucky he had 3 big guys who bid it up purely based on size. With the wiring, tapes, sockets and snaps partially removed and damaged it's a disincentive.

I think a lot of bigger guys over 6' are under the impression that they need to have a 6,7 or 8 to work as the labels give those generic height ranges, but unless they have to wear it over a full suit or they're a bit tubby a sz5 will do- it does for me.

OK, Suspicions confirmed. I looked at it, saw the damage and crude repair (Andrew repaired one of mine) and then examined mine and said its gotta be because of the size. Andrew may have created a sense of high standards with regards to repair work for me!!!!