• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question - The most practical flying jacket?

Griffon_301

I stuck pheasant feathers to an old B-15 using a mix of wax and pine resin, a bit of a run and a hell of a load of flapping and ...I was flying!! Up, up up I flapped and eventually broke through the overcast into brilliant sunshine ...marvellous! Then the bloody wax started to soften and the feathers started parting company. Messy landing I can tell you. Waste of a B-15 too.

Wear what you are happy with.

You should have better abused one of those horrible GAF flight jackets instead of a great B-15 :D

Micawber

You should have better abused one of those horrible GAF flight jackets instead of a great B-15 :D

May I respectfully disagree? The wax and pine resin mix was gathered for me from the most remote, but select, locations by hand picked nubile virgin girls and specially blended by the worlds leading expert on said ingredients. The resulting mix was so exquisitely refined that it would only adhere to the unique structure of the B-15 jacket and finest Norfolk ring neck pheasant feathers. To use it on a lesser garment would have been, well, sacrilege o_O :D

Micawber

Ah, now then, things are not always that final. You see the unique blend of beeswax and pine resin used will respond very well to removal from the B-15 material using a unique, specialy formulated solvent containing 18 carat gold flecks just as long as the procedure is carried out by the tender hands of a completely fresh team of nubile virgin girls personally selected by yours truly. Funny that ;)

B-Man2

Ah, now then, things are not always that final. You see the unique blend of beeswax and pine resin used will respond very well to removal from the B-15 material using a unique, specialy formulated solvent containing 18 carat gold flecks just as long as the procedure is carried out by the tender hands of a completely fresh team of nubile virgin girls personally selected by yours truly. Funny that ;)
Has there been a change in your diet or your medication lately??:p:D:p:D;)

Griffon_301

I'd take the bunch of nubile girls over a flying jacket any day, much more fun!

They might keep you warm inside...but outside the jacket might be a tad more useful

Also, the resell value of the jacket might grow with its age, contrary to the not so nubile by then anymore girls ... :D

Smithy

They might keep you warm inside...but outside the jacket might be a tad more useful

Also, the resell value of the jacket might grow with its age, contrary to the not so nubile by then anymore girls ... :D

giphy.gif

No, nope, nein, nyet, nei, no way.

As soon as you value a jacket over the amorous company of an attractive young lass, you're in serious trouble as you've gone and gotten your priorities all screwed up ;-)

Griffon_301

The key word is "young" here... :D
My B-3 is over 20 years old now and it has seen quite a few young ladies come and go... The ladies are all gone now, but the B-3 is still with me :D
But to counter any possible rumours, my missus is with me for quite some time now and I value her presence immensely, not to speak of her amorous, culinary, humorous and house holding qualities... :D

Smithy

The key word is "young" here... :D
My B-3 is over 20 years old now and it has seen quite a few young ladies come and go... The ladies are all gone now, but the B-3 is still with me :D
But to counter any possible rumours, my missus is with me for quite some time now and I value her presence immensely, not to speak of her amorous, culinary, humorous and house holding qualities... :D

That's alright, for a second there I thought you'd hung around here too long and caught the rare but highly dangerous Jacket-Ebola, the dreaded sickness where you stare at pictures of jackets until your eyes bleed and you forget everything else.

Jackets are very nice but girls are much nicer to look at and (depending on the lovely lady in question) much more fun!

Griffon_301

To be honest, I have more magazines and catalogues with pictures of jackets and assorted stuff than I have mags showing the best the nubile young lady world has on offer... :D

Smithy

To be honest, I have more magazines and catalogues with pictures of jackets and assorted stuff than I have mags showing the best the nubile young lady world has on offer... :D

Girls are just like jackets in that respect though, much more fun with the real thing than a magazine or catalogue of them ;-)

Officer Dibley

B-10 is a little fragile though, no ? In fact all cloth are not that tough. And the nylons all change colour with UV exposure.

And wool knits don’t last...... perhaps a Wested Indy ....?

Dave

Brettafett

Yes, this is true. Greese and oil marks also. No matter how hard you try, they will get dirty.
I've actually owned a Wested Indy... Years back. I loved it for the most part. A very decent leather jacket for the price! Mine was lamb, very soft and supple, would've liked Horse. But I felt a little pretentious wearing it, dunno why...
G-1s/ M-442s are also nice to wear, especially if there's a chilly wind, and not to warm in the plane. Comfy in a cockpit.